Booz Allen Hamilton

3.2

"Its a big company and there will always be pockets of people (and men) who are not forward thinking. If you find that, just move on to another group/project. We have great women (and men) that lead this firm so don't feel stuck or that problems are an inherent part of the culture."
Lead Associate, Analytics
"Really depends on the client you are working for, e.g. if telework is allowed on the contract or if you have to work in a secure site for the military"
Would you recommend Booz Allen Hamilton to other women?
"Many people stay because of the flexibility (e.g. can adjust hours to coordinate drop offs) but it is a high price to pay for the inability to truly disconnect. While I may move things around to accommodate my schedule, I still end up working long hours. "
One thing Booz Allen Hamilton can improve?
"Flexibility depends on whether you are client facing and your management team philosophy. "
"In addition to paid maternity leave, you must use your PTO to stretch beyond the paid portion. Recruiters might tell you it's 8-10 weeks paid (6 weeks for standard birth/ 8 for c-section plus 2 weeks paid parental leave), you must use your PTO the first 5 days of the leave, so it's really 7-9 firm paid weeks. "
Would you recommend Booz Allen Hamilton to other women?
"Again, it depends on whether they would be client facing or an internal employee. Big difference in terms of flexibility, work-life balance, and culture. "
One thing Booz Allen Hamilton can improve?
"Improve my benefits (e.g. medical, maternity)"
"I have great flexibility because of my manager. I know that is not the case with many people within the firm. "
Would you recommend Booz Allen Hamilton to other women?
"Depends on the position and whether or not they'd be client facing or internal. "
"Only 2 weeks of paid maternity leave is offered after STD. STD varies between 5 or 7 weeks depending on type of labor. STD claims it is 6 or 8 weeks but you need to use personal PTO during that first waiting period week. "
One thing Booz Allen Hamilton can improve?
"Improve my benefits (e.g. medical, maternity)"
"Limited Maternity leave."
"Perk may not be advertised up front but every time I have asked for something, it has been well-received and granted. People don't know what you need if you don't speak up for yourself!"
"not sure"
Communications Specialist, Strategy & Business Development
"Two extra weeks of paid leave due to C-section"
Would you recommend Booz Allen Hamilton to other women?
"Booz Allen is a man's world. The office environment is not safe and the Ethics line is a complete joke. The Ethics line call center people didn't even know if BAH would ever receive a copy of my report, or who it would go to, or if they would follow up.j"
"no"
One thing Booz Allen Hamilton can improve?
"Address threats to personal safety in the office"
"No ability to work at a booz allen site; all work must be completed at the client site. Cannot be at client site without client employees. Every time the government employees are off, leave early, or arrive late, we have to burn PTO. Appointments at booz allen sites are non-billable and we do not get paid for that time."