"management is male-dominated"
accountant, N/A
Would you recommend Cargill to other women?
"I think overall women and men are treated equally. I think there is room for improvement with the maternity leave program. 6 weeks paid is not competitive compared to other companies. I also think that even though they offer flexible work arrangements there is a stigma around taking it."
Would you recommend Cargill to other women?
"I have been working here for 8 years since graduation and have been in 3 different departments. The culture depends a lot what department you are in. Overall it is a company driven by men and even though the company leadership tries to change things (while there is no women on the leadership team) the middle management is predominantly an "old boy club". I came across a lot of men whose wives are stay-at-home-moms and they generally lack understanding for women who have kids. Depending on department "flexible" time is allowed, which means if you are sick or have a sick kid you are expected to work from home. Men are given more challenging projects and even if you ask for it you will be ignored or get an excuse. Overall, I have seen few women succeed and they are mostly without children or were hired externally, which means they progressed already outside of Cargill."
Would you recommend Cargill to other women?
"If they don't have kids and are willing to work a lot of overtime"
"I've been with Cargill 5 years and I work from home. Work life balance is very important to Cargill and family always comes first. My flexible schedule allows me to have a career and a family and I am so grateful for that. No one ever questions me if I have to take my kids to a doctor's appointment or if they are home sick and in the background on a conference call. I am grateful to Cargill for the opportunities I have been given. I feel lucky every day."
N/A, Marketing
Would you recommend Cargill to other women?
"They do not value women accountants as much as a woman/man engineer. They believe in paying a medium wage despite how much value or work you provide. Don't be stupid and let them take advantage of you."
Would you recommend Cargill to other women?
"Just be sure to stand up for yourself. Hard to do in a male dominated company"
"I have worked here for a short period of time, and women are in the majority of support roles. Everyone is treated fairly and I can say it is a much better work environment than my previous job."