"If you are in a commercial position you have to decide between family or career. Flexible working is not possible in commercial teams. The men see maternity leave as a holiday!"
One thing Cargill can improve?
"Improve work-life balance and policies (e.g. flex-time, limit face time)"
"Standard uk maternity policy. They do top up the first 10 weeks at 100% full pay and then it is same as government policy. "
Would you recommend Cargill to other women?
"I see some women in leafership roles but there are very few. There's flexibility to accommodate school schedules but you alsp frel like that will diminish your perception as a contrubutor. There are lots of men with wives that stay at home so you can see how the culture is mire male centered. "
Marketing manager,
Would you recommend Cargill to other women?
"Decent pay and flexibility but it's an old boy's network. Unless you are ok doing the work behind the scene with little recognition, look elsewhere"
"You have to push for flexibility, but it is granted when requested. Not a culture of flexibility, but you can make it work. Paid leave is under a salary continuation program that is much better than most. "
One thing Cargill can improve?
"Improve work-life balance and policies (e.g. flex-time, limit face time)"
, ETM
"I did not qualify for FMLA as I had not been there a year, but was still granted the 16 weeks I requested."
Would you recommend Cargill to other women?
"Cargill was a great company for woman in the 1990s and early 2000s. In the past 5 years, Cargill has change a great deal - downsizing, eliminating departments. How woman will be treated in the 'New Cargill' has yet to be established."
Manager, N/A
Would you recommend Cargill to other women?
"Cargill has changed a lot in the past 5 years, so it is hard to say how women's promotions will be handled."
"I worked in HR where there are typically a lot of females in any company and it was the same at Cargill but I was surprised that there weren't more at a higher level. I was in a role that had a lot of visibility across business lines and working with leaders at all levels. I found the top two levels executives extremely easy to work with and open to hearing a new perspective - very empowering. However, I was held back in my role and my ability to earn what I was worth because of my lack of negotiation skills when I started the role and a male lead department that was more focused on sticking to the budget than seeing the value I was bringing to the table."
N/A, Human Resources
Would you recommend Cargill to other women?
"It's a large, global company with more than 70 business lines so it really depends on where you are in the company."
"management is male-dominated"