3.7

Lady garden

If you are in a commercial position you have to decide between family or career. Flexible working is not possible in commercial teams. The men see maternity leave as a holiday!

Standard uk maternity policy. They do top up the first 10 weeks at 100% full pay and then it is same as government policy.

MktgLadyMN

Marketing Manager

I see some women in leafership roles but there are very few. There's flexibility to accommodate school schedules but you alsp frel like that will diminish your perception as a contrubutor. There are lots of men with wives that stay at home so you can see how the culture is mire male centered.

• Family Friendly Aspects?

Maybe. Decent pay and flexibility but it's an old boy's network. Unless you are ok doing the work behind the scene with little recognition, look elsewhere

anoncontracts

ETM

You have to push for flexibility, but it is granted when requested. Not a culture of flexibility, but you can make it work. Paid leave is under a salary continuation program that is much better than most.

I did not qualify for FMLA as I had not been there a year, but was still granted the 16 weeks I requested.

Madam Professional

Manager

Cargill was a great company for woman in the 1990s and early 2000s. In the past 5 years, Cargill has change a great deal - downsizing, eliminating departments. How woman will be treated in the 'New Cargill' has yet to be established.

Maybe. Cargill has changed a lot in the past 5 years, so it is hard to say how women's promotions will be handled.

Lady DoGOOD

Human Resources

I worked in HR where there are typically a lot of females in any company and it was the same at Cargill but I was surprised that there weren't more at a higher level. I was in a role that had a lot of visibility across business lines and working with leaders at all levels. I found the top two levels executives extremely easy to work with and open to hearing a new perspective - very empowering. However, I was held back in my role and my ability to earn what I was worth because of my lack of negotiation skills when I started the role and a male lead department that was more focused on sticking to the budget than seeing the value I was bringing to the table.

Maybe. It's a large, global company with more than 70 business lines so it really depends on where you are in the company.

Lady Yo

Accountant

management is male-dominated

Madam MC

I think overall women and men are treated equally. I think there is room for improvement with the maternity leave program. 6 weeks paid is not competitive compared to other companies. I also think that even though they offer flexible work arrangements there is a stigma around taking it.

Lady aga

I have been working here for 8 years since graduation and have been in 3 different departments. The culture depends a lot what department you are in. Overall it is a company driven by men and even though the company leadership tries to change things (while there is no women on the leadership team) the middle management is predominantly an "old boy club". I came across a lot of men whose wives are stay-at-home-moms and they generally lack understanding for women who have kids. Depending on department "flexible" time is allowed, which means if you are sick or have a sick kid you are expected to work from home. Men are given more challenging projects and even if you ask for it you will be ignored or get an excuse. Overall, I have seen few women succeed and they are mostly without children or were hired externally, which means they progressed already outside of Cargill.

Maybe. If they don't have kids and are willing to work a lot of overtime

Lady MommaMia

Marketing

I've been with Cargill 5 years and I work from home. Work life balance is very important to Cargill and family always comes first. My flexible schedule allows me to have a career and a family and I am so grateful for that. No one ever questions me if I have to take my kids to a doctor's appointment or if they are home sick and in the background on a conference call. I am grateful to Cargill for the opportunities I have been given. I feel lucky every day.

Blue Annie Girl

They do not value women accountants as much as a woman/man engineer. They believe in paying a medium wage despite how much value or work you provide. Don't be stupid and let them take advantage of you.

Maybe. Just be sure to stand up for yourself. Hard to do in a male dominated company