Civis Analytics https://civisanalytics.com

Want to be alerted when there are new data and reviews about Civis Analytics?
Ladydata

Good maternity leave benefits. 12 weeks fully paid plus you can add any holidays and vacation days.

Love the people. The office culture is good & positive. Work is interesting and challenging and you get plenty of freedom and responsibility even at junior levels. Benefits & pay are not ideal. No bonuses as far as I can tell (our big holiday gifts were... beanies :/). Lots of work and depending on team can be stretched pretty thin, especially if working directly with clients.

Parental leave is not equalized
There are not many women at Civis, although the ones who are here are treated fairly equally. There is a lot of discussion about diversity in tech hiring (with particular emphasis on gender), but it feels like more talk than action right now. Nice that women have 12 weeks for maternity leave but I think unequalized parental leave policy is bad for families, and is not competitive with top-tier tech companies. Also feels sort of disingenuous given men make up 75% of company. This isn't particular to women, but compensation & benefits are sort of low and raises seem to be scarce. No 401k match is pretty sad.
datafairy621

Ask for a good base salary, because raises are scarce.

I think it depends on where you are at in your career/life. This is good for self-starters, who can sacrifice things like a 401K match. But not good for someone who needs certain benefits like that.
GaGa Girl Applied Data Science

I think in general, the company provides a fun start-up, creative environment. There is certainly a lot of energy. I think there are large, inexplicable swings in pay between various staff roles, from the little I understand about others' salaries or from people who have left the company. It's a young company, so there is some room for growth in terms of the benefits they offer. Overall, the company does seem to be thriving, though and it would be a good place to put down roots to see how it succeeds long-term. Sort-term, you'll sacrifice pay and benefits.

It depends on their stage in life and whether they want good benefits and a retirement plan. Because the benefits aren't good. There is no maternity leave policy. But young women might be okay with some of that, while mid-career women might take more issue.
Lady bookworm29

Civis is a great organization - it focuses on maintaining a really open, inclusive, intelligent environment. Everyone at Civis pretty mission-driven, given the company's roots. Civis has only been around since 2013 and is working on creating fair policies around things like parental leave. The group really is a great place to learn and grow. The people are wonderful and really supportive. We have some work to do on increasing the number of women in the company but I know that recruiting diversity is a priority.

Women Review Civis Analytics for Culture, Pay and Gender Equality | Fairygodboss

Free, anonymous reviews of Civis Analytics by female employees, including pay, hours, maternity leave, flextime, and company culture

3.6 stars, based on 5 reviews Company Website Ladydata anon1364 datafairy621 GaGa Girl Lady bookworm29