Columbia University http://www.columbia.edu/

Want to be alerted when there are new data and reviews about Columbia University?

Please see previous responses listed above, which outlines some of the topics I would discuss with other women.

• 1

• 2

• 3

• 4

• 5

My office is pretty flexible, but I'm single without children so I haven't had to stretch policies. I've heard from other women with children/newborns that Columbia has a great policy for leave and flexible work arrangements, but that's at the discretion
promotion, pay, and a voice in meetings; feel like female leadership is talked down to constantly and their opinions don't matter (which is something I've witnessed in these meetings).
ShebaBaby

Great place especially if you'd like to continue your education.

Madam Gertrude School of Nursing

Received some sexist feedback and found the men in this department did not treat women with respect.

Madam Diplomat

This is a majority-female environment, so that can be good or bad, depending on how diverse you desire your company culture. Women are promoted as equally as men, however, it is expected that you are collaborative and congenial in order to receive recognition. It needs to be hard work with a smile in order to get ahead.

Lady digigal Associate Director, Law

It is very difficult to advance within your department.

Madam anon548 Officer of Administration

Not a lot of opportunity to grow

Lady hperceval

Women are definitely treated fairly in my field and given opportunities to advance. There is flexibility in the culture but not as much as one would hope (in theory some functions can work from home but its not looked upon highly).

Lady Trudi

varied. Opportunity for independent thinking and initiative development. Colleagues tremendous. Communication poor, generally

Madam ESFE

There are a lot of women in senior leadership, with and without children. That helps get some flexibility.

Lady Katja

I am a student at Columbia, therefore this survey doesn't necessarily apply to me, but I am interested in using this site for future employment. I am a senior and would like to have information when deciding where to apply for a full-time position for next year!

Women Review Columbia University for Culture, Pay and Gender Equality | Fairygodboss

Free, anonymous reviews of Columbia University by female employees, including pay, hours, maternity leave, flextime, and company culture

3.6 stars, based on 11 reviews Company Website anon2959 ShebaBaby Madam Gertrude Madam Diplomat Lady digigal Madam anon548 Lady hperceval Lady Trudi Madam ESFE Lady Katja