Delta Air Lines, Inc.

"I believe that the maternity leave for this (and pretty much all companies I know of) are very inflexible. It breaks my heart to see so many women torn away from their new borns because they have to go to work. Other than that I do think this is a good company to work for"
One thing Delta Air Lines, Inc. can improve?
"Improve my benefits (e.g. medical, maternity)"
"This job is very flexible depending on the position you are in. Part timers have a lot of flexibility where full time workers do not. You have a decrease in pay working as a part timer but if time is important to you this would be a good option."
"I have had several close friends and a few family members take maternity leave and it is 6 weeks long with an option to apply for a "bonding" extension which I believe is another 6 weeks if approved. I saw how they stressed and struggled before and after with this short amount of time and I picked up countless hours and shifts to help them spend more time with their babies. "
Would you recommend Delta Air Lines, Inc. to other women?
"It would, in my opinion depend on the individual person's personality. This job is not for everyone and it is very high stress. There are some great pro's to working here if you are able to deal with the con's."
"The company is good. Flexible but hours are long and high stress. What have you done for me lately attitude. IT is moving towards more offshore contractors and AI."
"not sure"
Would you recommend Delta Air Lines, Inc. to other women?
"The largest issue facing women at Delta is upward movement. "
"no"
One thing Delta Air Lines, Inc. can improve?
"Improve work-life balance and policies (e.g. flex-time, limit face time)"
Specialist Intelligence, Compliance
"While on paper Delta touts several work-from-home and flexible hour policies, leadership in reality does not support these practices and they're looked down upon and spoken negatively of. This is particularly true in the operational departments and corporate. "
Would you recommend Delta Air Lines, Inc. to other women?
"From my experience, job satisfaction at Delta is highly dependent on both the department and specific team that one joins. The levels of gender parity / inequality vary heavily depending on department. Women tend to be strong in traditional "female-oriented" departments such as HR and In-Flight Service (flight attendants). Outside of these, women struggle to be recognized. "
"As with any company, enter at the highest title and salary possible because it will anchor you as you progress in your career."
"not sure"
, Marketing
"6 weeks paid were through Short Term Disability."
Would you recommend Delta Air Lines, Inc. to other women?
"Not enough Women in Senior Leadership."
Would you recommend Delta Air Lines, Inc. to other women?
"Delta is much better than it used to be about promoting and pushing women forward. However, there is work still to be done. To an extent, it feels like women in upper leadership positions are limited to 'soft-touch' roles (HR, reservations, customer service, etc). There are several employee networking groups aimed at female leaders, though, and this is getting better by the day."
Would you recommend Delta Air Lines, Inc. to other women?
"It's a huge company, so YMMV"
"A lot of women but not as many at the top"
Would you recommend Delta Air Lines, Inc. to other women?
"Delta Global Services is managed by some unprofessional individuals. The management is a bunch of wannabes. They treat employees like crap. You get paid low salary for a lot of stress and pressure. You do not know any better until you leave the place. My situation was unique. I caught someone stealing and they turned the tables on me. The employee was their TDY buddy. The mainline part of the company is much better than the subcontracted outstations. If you are not in a major city, forget it. There are not any smoking policies in the city I worked. The smokers were always outside smoking and left all the non smokers to check in passengers in between the smoke breaks. The manager was just as bad with the cigarettes at my location."
Supervisor, Outstation
Would you recommend Delta Air Lines, Inc. to other women?
"I enjoy working where I do. There amount of women in the department is increasing, especially in managerial roles."