"I have worked here for more than 6 years and there are quite a few women here, even in leadership. But, you don't see many women here in leadership with a family. They want to be family friendly and try to put the right things in place to make it happen but it really depends on who you report to. In the end, the culture here is one of whoever works the most, gets the most."
Would you recommend DeVry to other women?
"It would depend on the department and role"
"It is not the best company for women, especially women of color. They do no offer paid maternity leave (unless your use vacation time)."
N/A, Student Finance
Would you recommend DeVry to other women?
"DeVry values diversity and is very sensitive to equality, harassment and professional ethics and requires extensive training. Flex work is available on a case-by-case basis and is a great benefit. There is no "maternity leave" so you use 6 weeks of short term disability and then cash out vacation days before going unpaid for the rest of the 12 week FMLA period. While this is not as archaic as some companies, it's still shameful of a Fortune 500 company that claims to value work/life balance. With all of that being said, there was no problem with my taking leave and colleagues were generally supportive and respected my time with my family."
Manager, Real Estate
Would you recommend DeVry to other women?
"Flex work for certain departments is a great benefit. Maternity leave is non-existent. Must use STD and then all accrued vacation days."