"I had a good manager here, but he has since left; make sure you have a good one and have found a good team before joining."
One thing Dropbox can improve?
Software Engineer, Engineering
Would you recommend Dropbox to other women?
"Some teams have bad gender balance, and when I left, infrastructure was losing all its women. Other teams seem to do well though."
"I do think that men and women *are* treated equally. However like in most companies, managers can be unconsciously biased and are more likely to advocate for people who remind them of themselves. Since Director+ leadership in the engineering organization is almost entirely male, these biases tend to hurt women. The company culture subtly stigmatizes talking openly about pay and level increases. That makes it hard to chart a personal development plan and work with your manager to progress in your career. I hope we get better at that."
One thing Dropbox can improve?
Would you recommend Dropbox to other women?
"Not just specifically women but anyone in a sales capacity that wants to succeed will find Dropbox more than challenging. The organisation is still learning where it fits in the market and a lot of processes and support systems are not yet in place. For example mat leave in a region, some regions did not have predefined policies for people going on mat leave. Reflects the maturity of the organisation. On a positive note, a lot of very smart people here and future could be great but still is 12-18 months away."
Enterprise Sales, Sales
Would you recommend Dropbox to other women?
"Most of the senior leadership is male, but there's a lot of awareness and frequent conversation about the diversity issue here and in the tech world as a whole. I've been at the company for more than a year and always felt that women had fair and equal chance to progress. When I started, I had a male manager who encouraged me to lean in and sought out opportunities for me to take on more responsibility."
N/A, Marketing
Would you recommend Dropbox to other women?
"Overall, Dropbox is a great place to work."
Would you recommend Dropbox to other women?
"I've worked in sales roles at three other companies. In each and every other company, I was overtly sexually harassed or told that there would be limitations in my career because of my gender. This is the first company where I am truly unafraid to be in professional or social situations for fear of harassment or inappropriate behavior. Furthermore, I don't feel that I'm viewed differently professionally for being a woman, and that I have the same opportunity for development and pay as my coworkers. There are also a number of women and diversity initiatives that focus on making equalism an approachable and actionable topic. Two big thumbs up."
Account Executive, Sales
Would you recommend Dropbox to other women?
"So far there aren't many initiatives for women that help empower them or provide opportunities. I would like to have us as leaders drive that more."
Would you recommend Dropbox to other women?
"There are plenty of opportunities here equally for both men and women. As with any fast moving company, you do have to be proactive about asking for promotions and salary increases because we don't yet have formal structure in place across all teams. However, ensuring we have a diverse and inclusive culture is a top priority for all of our Sr. and Mid-level leadership and this will continue to be a priority for recruiting as well. We also have a flexible work schedule so parents are able to be involved in their kids' daily activities. Overall I've loved my time here and recommend it for anyone who enjoys a fast-paced, get stuff done mentality."
Would you recommend Dropbox to other women?
"In the sales org, men dominate both leadership and day-to-day culture; however, this is the perspective from an employee that's not in sales, but sits in an office where sales is the other core team. In user ops, it is overwhelmingly women that comprise both leadership and individual contribute roles. This is a young company, so I do not think that all of its plans around parental leave and benefits are thought out yet. But, I do believe that the company wants to do right by parents and women. We've recently put a lot of resources into maturing our human resources org, and I think that will make this company an even better place to work if you happen to be a woman or a parent. One place of growth for the company would be a structured mentor system that cuts through any unconsciously created gender barriers."