"All the systems are designed with and for men - for example, men PUSH for raises and bonuses and promotions - If women do not PUSH for their raise or promotion... then you won't get it"
"no"
One thing DuPont can improve?
Client Executive, Strategy & Business Development
"n/a"
Would you recommend DuPont to other women?
"There are lots of opportunities for women in this company and lots of examples of women in leadership. Because of the industry, you may still encounter an "old boys club" mentality in some places but I belive this is changing. Benefits could definitely stand to be more family friendly."
One thing DuPont can improve?
"Improve my benefits (e.g. medical, maternity)"
Process Engineer, Engineering
Would you recommend DuPont to other women?
"Before desiring to start a family, I felt DuPont was a great place for women to be - lots of female leaders, a sense of inclusion and diversity. But now that I'm thinking about trying to get pregnant, the mediocre maternity leave stresses me out regularly - 6 weeks paid, 8 week if you have a C-section. My understanding is that they are generally flexible with part time work schedules and I paid time off, but I don't think we can afford either of those options."
"I've worked here for 5 years at multiple sites. One site I worked at was great with a diverse group of people at my level and above. Often there were multiple women in meetings. Then I moved to my current role (at a similar size plant) and there are no other women at the same level as me assigned to the site. The only other women on site work in admin, HR, and the lab. Management is blind to the lack of diversity, as well as many other culture shortcomings."
Would you recommend DuPont to other women?
"DuPont has many women and has woman friendly policies, however, the number of women in business leadership ranks continues to trend downward. Management continues to be male dominated, except in support functions, such as HR."