"The company is run by Judy Faulkner, so it is pretty good about gender equality. But Judy is a workaholic and kind of expects everyone else there to be workaholics too."
User Experience And Quality Assurance Analyst, Research & Development
Would you recommend Epic Systems to other women?
"Your hours and experience at the company are very dependent on your customers."
"not sure"
Implementation Project Manager, Customer Service
Would you recommend Epic Systems to other women?
"I would not recommend the job to most people, women or men."
"The sexism I experience is industry wide and often times subconscious. There's nothing in particular that makes my company worse than others, but they don't do much to education/reduce sexism as a company and have "industry-standard" policies related to family (leave, hours, etc.)."
One thing Epic Systems can improve?
"Improve my benefits (e.g. medical, maternity)"
Technical Services, IT
"Industry-standard leave"
Would you recommend Epic Systems to other women?
"Epic treats men and women equally; however, the job is demanding for those trying to maintain a healthy work-life balance; my hours have ranged from 60-80 hours a week and includes travel 50-75% of the time. The CEO is a woman who has built the company from the ground up, which is very inspiring, but at the same time the company does not provide any additional family leave outside of what is required by FMLA. "
"not sure"
Would you recommend Epic Systems to other women?
"It depends on their priorities. Epic treats men and women equally in terms of workplace opportunities and advancement. If work-life balance is important, would advise prospective employees to consider whether or not this job is a good fit for them. My role has me work anywhere from 60-80 hours a week and traveling 75% of the time (admittedly this is on the higher end of the spectrum)."
"Health insurance here is incredible; the pay is very good considering local cost of living. "
"Improve work-life balance and policies (e.g. flex-time, limit face time)"
"Only paid through short term disability. "
Would you recommend Epic Systems to other women?
"It's a culture that doesn't value you personal/work boundaries."
"It's a good job until you want a family. With the lack of any paid maternity/paternity leave, and poor work life balance, it's simply not a good job for anyone not fresh out of college."
Would you recommend Epic Systems to other women?
"The people and environment are great, but whne it comes to family policies, they are not helpful. "
One thing Epic Systems can improve?
"Improve my benefits (e.g. medical, maternity)"
Trainer,
Would you recommend Epic Systems to other women?
"I'm very happy in my day to day work, but the benefits are not family friendly (no paid maternity leave, only 6 sick days, no on-site daycare or backup childcare assistance)."
"Your experience will vary greatly by role. In the training division, there were blind eyes to gender bias in leadership opportunities and training evaluations. But the two larger challenges are the poor upper-management project planning (resulting in unrealistic deadlines that required 70 and 80 hour weeks) and a lack of flexibility (requests from trainers to job-share or go part time were denied supposedly because the company would then have to make those options available to all employees). Go in with your eyes open to the possibility of burnout and negotiate your compensation at the outset (salary and vacation days - even if your recruiter says they don't negotiate), because the systems for raises are pretty inflexible later on. "
One thing Epic Systems can improve?
"Improve work-life balance and policies (e.g. flex-time, limit facetime)"
Trainer, Training
Would you recommend Epic Systems to other women?
"The work experience here varies so much by job role, but in many positions, there are opportunities to gain a lot of experience and new skills. While it may not be the perfect place long-term, if another woman was looking to gain specific job skills and knew about the challenges, I'd recommend Epic."
"You get a chance to learn a lot and are given a lot of responsibility"
Technical Services, N/A
Would you recommend Epic Systems to other women?
"It's a great place to start your career"
"It's a great place to start a career but not even close to giving work/life balance because of the amount of hours and travel."
Project manager, Implementation
Would you recommend Epic Systems to other women?
"I worked here for 10 years. It's a great place to learn and grow, but if you aren't put on the "team lead" (aka lower management) track - there is no opportunity for advancement. As time goes on, more is expected of you but you are rewarded less and less - lower raises and lower bonuses with each year, after about the 4 year mark. Epic does not value experience or efficiency. Instead, it places a high value on hours logged and involvement in high profile projects. Inexperienced team leaders need something easy to point to - hours logged and your project list are the two easiest things to look at. So, if you're not working 60+hrs/wk and if you're not working on a shiny, exciting project, your value is not recognized. And that means you do not grow your salary or bonuses."
Would you recommend Epic Systems to other women?
"If you can manage to keep your hours reasonable while meeting expectations (which are very high), yes. Would not recommend if you are planning to have children or if you have very young children."
"I have worked here for more than 9 years and there are many women in a variety of roles. Even though the CEO is a woman, at the top levels it is still a bit of a "bro" culture. FAR less than other places I have worked, but not ideal. After having a child, there is some support (like nursing rooms and the option of coming back part time for 12 weeks) but mostly you are expected to jump back in and be treated like everyone else. I think this is okay, but you should know that is the expectation. A big negative, during your maternity leave they force you to completely drain your sick leave (not PTO) before taking time off unpaid. It left me (and every other mother here since that became the policy) with zero sick days. with a new child that is going to get sick."
"No childcare"
Would you recommend Epic Systems to other women?
"Newer, still learning how things are."
Would you recommend Epic Systems to other women?
"I'm not sure I would recommend regardless of gender"
"My role involved a lot of travel. I did not have any children while employed her but I knew plenty of women who did. Somehow, with supportive partners, they seemed to make it work. They work you hard and for long hours. They recently started allowing folks to work two days a month from home. In my position they provide laptops, so bringing work home is an option if staying at the office late is not."