Epic Systems http://www.epic.com/

Want to be alerted when there are new data and reviews about Epic Systems?
JellyBelly707

It's a good job until you want a family. With the lack of any paid maternity/paternity leave, and poor work life balance, it's simply not a good job for anyone not fresh out of college.

Mystery743 Trainer

The people and environment are great, but whne it comes to family policies, they are not helpful.

I'm very happy in my day to day work, but the benefits are not family friendly (no paid maternity leave, only 6 sick days, no on-site daycare or backup childcare assistance).
anon1483 Trainer, Training

Your experience will vary greatly by role. In the training division, there were blind eyes to gender bias in leadership opportunities and training evaluations. But the two larger challenges are the poor upper-management project planning (resulting in unrealistic deadlines that required 70 and 80 hour weeks) and a lack of flexibility (requests from trainers to job-share or go part time were denied supposedly because the company would then have to make those options available to all employees). Go in with your eyes open to the possibility of burnout and negotiate your compensation at the outset (salary and vacation days - even if your recruiter says they don't negotiate), because the systems for raises are pretty inflexible later on.

The work experience here varies so much by job role, but in many positions, there are opportunities to gain a lot of experience and new skills. While it may not be the perfect place long-term, if another woman was looking to gain specific job skills and knew about the challenges, I'd recommend Epic.
Lady TSEngineer Technical Services

You get a chance to learn a lot and are given a lot of responsibility

It's a great place to start your career
Lady Indiana Project Manager, Implementation

It's a great place to start a career but not even close to giving work/life balance because of the amount of hours and travel.

Lady madgirl05

I worked here for 10 years. It's a great place to learn and grow, but if you aren't put on the "team lead" (aka lower management) track - there is no opportunity for advancement. As time goes on, more is expected of you but you are rewarded less and less - lower raises and lower bonuses with each year, after about the 4 year mark. Epic does not value experience or efficiency. Instead, it places a high value on hours logged and involvement in high profile projects. Inexperienced team leaders need something easy to point to - hours logged and your project list are the two easiest things to look at. So, if you're not working 60+hrs/wk and if you're not working on a shiny, exciting project, your value is not recognized. And that means you do not grow your salary or bonuses.

If you can manage to keep your hours reasonable while meeting expectations (which are very high), yes. Would not recommend if you are planning to have children or if you have very young children.
Luca699 Girl

I have worked here for more than 9 years and there are many women in a variety of roles. Even though the CEO is a woman, at the top levels it is still a bit of a "bro" culture. FAR less than other places I have worked, but not ideal. After having a child, there is some support (like nursing rooms and the option of coming back part time for 12 weeks) but mostly you are expected to jump back in and be treated like everyone else. I think this is okay, but you should know that is the expectation. A big negative, during your maternity leave they force you to completely drain your sick leave (not PTO) before taking time off unpaid. It left me (and every other mother here since that became the policy) with zero sick days. with a new child that is going to get sick.

Lady BeautifulSunGoddess

No childcare

Lady kleets16

Newer, still learning how things are.

Lady eljay

My role involved a lot of travel. I did not have any children while employed her but I knew plenty of women who did. Somehow, with supportive partners, they seemed to make it work. They work you hard and for long hours. They recently started allowing folks to work two days a month from home. In my position they provide laptops, so bringing work home is an option if staying at the office late is not.

Women Review Epic Systems for Culture, Pay and Gender Equality | Fairygodboss

Free, anonymous reviews of Epic Systems by female employees, including pay, hours, maternity leave, flextime, and company culture

3.3 stars, based on 10 reviews Company Website JellyBelly707 Mystery743 anon1483 Lady TSEngineer Lady Indiana Lady madgirl05 Luca699 Girl Lady BeautifulSunGoddess Lady kleets16 Lady eljay