I worked here for 10 years. It's a great place to learn and grow, but if you aren't put on the "team lead" (aka lower management) track - there is no opportunity for advancement. As time goes on, more is expected of you but you are rewarded less and less - lower raises and lower bonuses with each year, after about the 4 year mark. Epic does not value experience or efficiency. Instead, it places a high value on hours logged and involvement in high profile projects. Inexperienced team leaders need something easy to point to - hours logged and your project list are the two easiest things to look at. So, if you're not working 60+hrs/wk and if you're not working on a shiny, exciting project, your value is not recognized. And that means you do not grow your salary or bonuses.

Maybe. If you can manage to keep your hours reasonable while meeting expectations (which are very high), yes. Would not recommend if you are planning to have children or if you have very young children.

I have worked here for more than 9 years and there are many women in a variety of roles. Even though the CEO is a woman, at the top levels it is still a bit of a "bro" culture. FAR less than other places I have worked, but not ideal. After having a child, there is some support (like nursing rooms and the option of coming back part time for 12 weeks) but mostly you are expected to jump back in and be treated like everyone else. I think this is okay, but you should know that is the expectation. A big negative, during your maternity leave they force you to completely drain your sick leave (not PTO) before taking time off unpaid. It left me (and every other mother here since that became the policy) with zero sick days. with a new child that is going to get sick.

No childcare

Newer, still learning how things are.

Maybe. I'm not sure I would recommend regardless of gender

My role involved a lot of travel. I did not have any children while employed her but I knew plenty of women who did. Somehow, with supportive partners, they seemed to make it work. They work you hard and for long hours. They recently started allowing folks to work two days a month from home. In my position they provide laptops, so bringing work home is an option if staying at the office late is not.