Epsilon

www.epsilon.com

We have unlimited PTO and a formal work from home policy, largely because our head of Human Resources is an amazing woman.

• Family Friendly Aspects?

Maybe. Because there are so many men in leadership, and it is noticed by the few of us who are women, there is a push to hire women -which is good and bad. Hiring someone just because she is a woman, or inventing roles to bring in a token woman, is insulting.

womantalk17

It's very team dependent, but I've had nothing but great experiences.

• Family Friendly Aspects?

Madam Media Queen

VP

Sales

I believe women are supported and many are in senior management, however the executive team - president, CEO, etc is male and not always focused on bias, so a male boss with a sensitivity chip missing may slip through now and then, but for the most part it's a good place for women.

Madam anon948

Sr. Business Analyst

Management layers are very much still a boys network here. Women in technology roles are not advanced as quickly as male counterparts, and rarely advance beyond a mid-level technical team manager. Aside from the pressure and expectation to work long hours, nights and weekends, there is also an expectation to work rotating weekly 24hr on-call shifts, and often take the on-call role for many weeks per year. In short, burnout and lack of life-balance is pretty normal.

Maybe. It will take a lot of proactive effort and political savvy to "manage your manager" in many cases.

Lady CubeCog

Manager

Analytics

This is a great place to work if you want to start a family. I am currently rather bored at work and do not see great opportunities for advancement (though the same is true for many men), but I am staying put because we hope to have a child in the not too distant future. My group has great work-life balance. I typically work a regular 40 hour, non-stressful week and can work at home as needed on an ad-hoc or regular basis. The company is self insured, so the health insurance is not bad at all. The company pays for 1 week of parental leave (for either gender), then short-term disability pays at 100% of salary for 8 more weeks, and the rest is FMLA. Furthermore, the company offers a babysitting benefit - you get 40 hours of babysitting completely covered, and 40 more at $4/hour. Most importantly, coworkers can gift this benefit to each other, so you can collect some decent hours. The company also offers a dependent care account - up to $5K/year pre-tax to pay for day care.