I've worked with many women throughout my Ganneett career and liked that pre-split we had a woman CEO. Have had many colleagues who were working mothers and were able to have schedules that accommodated things like dropoff/pickup, breast feeding, sick kids, etc.

Headsdown Project Leader, Finance

You can expect to be paid less than male peers, Taking time off for family is frowned upon but you aren't always asked - so don't volunteer it. Work/life balance just doesn't exist - you have to protect your time fiercly. If you're lucky you'll get a great manager, it's about 50/50.

This applies to men and women
If you are self directed about you're career you can make it happen here. If you want support, guidance, mentoring or anything along those lines you're going to have to make it happen on your own. Being proactive about your needs and having a plan is key.
Madam Accountant

I worked here for 5 years and there is a lot of upward mobility and the opportunities for women are excellent. There are several women in high ranking positions.

Lady MintChip

There's a Boys Club amongst upper management and it's blatant. Women are considered to be support roles .

Lady district

Women aren't necessarily trusted nor are their opinions. It took a long time for anyone to actually listen to me or understand that I knew what I was talking about. I've even been shushed before. But I deal with all male departments so my experiences can be different from departments with more women. All of senior management though is male, the majority are white, and all are older. And know that the women of HR don't necessarily have your back. They mean well but they don't really get that tech isn't very welcoming to women.

Madam Rebekah

It was very enriching. I sometimes felt as if I was being judged for being a mother, because I couldn't work the long hours other people worked.

Women Review Gannett for Culture, Pay and Gender Equality | Fairygodboss

Free, anonymous reviews of Gannett by female employees, including pay, hours, maternity leave, flextime, and company culture

3.3 stars, based on 6 reviews Company Website anon2578 Headsdown Madam Accountant Lady MintChip Lady district Madam Rebekah