Lady Lanae2413

Service Agent III

Service

If you planning on being a working parent, make sure your kids have a good childcare system or you and the other parent function well as a team. I hardly see my daughter except for my days off. I leave her early in the morning and I'm home late at night. Maternity leave is something only the lack of knowledge ones care about, You have to use all of your sick leave and vacation. And what you don't have left to cover is, well unpaid. They could do better by this. I have even considered leaving this company due to maternity leave. They could offer better programs for mothers and fathers. Even programs for advancement. Everyone has to follow the same course and that course may not be what an individual wants to do but in order for them to succeed, they may advance off topic to get to where they want to go. How does that improve your skill set? Sometimes it's just a paycheck.

Depends!!!

Lady Dxyland58

Senior Property & Casualty Agent

Customer Service

This is for women and men also. Age is a major factor at Geico. This just happened over the last 5 or so years. You are great until you start to slow down because of your age. Once you do, it's out the door you go. I inquired to a manager one time why Geico never hires older workers and was told because they are not applying. With respect I said I did not believe that. That was the end of the conversation. We were told if we did not have a degree or working on a degree we would never be able to advance. I know of a situation when about 12 older employees in just my department all at one time were forced to take early retirement, resign, or be terminated. It is such a shame that companies do this to the older workforce who many times have dedicated their best years to the company. Geico use to be the best company in the world to work for then it was like they turned on you. My career was cut short due to my age and I will always resent it. Shame on you Geico and all companies that practice age discrimination.

• Recent Bonus (USD)

Only if young and degreed or persuing degree

Lady silveredseas

From what I've seen so far, there is a pretty good mix of genders in all levels, from entry level to management.

Women Review Geico for Culture, Pay and Gender Equality | Fairygodboss

Free, anonymous reviews of Geico by female employees, including pay, hours, maternity leave, flextime, and company culture

stars, based on 23 reviews Company Website Lady Lanae2413 Lady Dxyland58 Lady silveredseas