Geico Maternity and Paternity Leave Policies
Geico offers 0 weeks of paid maternity leave, 12 weeks of unpaid maternity leave, 6 weeks of unpaid paternity leave. This information is based on anonymous tips submitted by employees.
Insurance: Property & Casualty Maternity and Paternity Leave
How many weeks of paid maternity, unpaid maternity, paid paternity and unpaid paternity leave do employers in the Insurance: Property & Casualty industry offer?
Maternity Leaves Taken at Geico
- Lady Lanae2413 1 weeks paid 5 weeks unpaid
- Lady misslady 8 weeks paid 1 weeks unpaid
- Lady CurVDVa 0 weeks paid 6 weeks unpaid
- Lady spsgirl1999 0 weeks paid 6 weeks unpaid
- Lady anon1074 2 weeks paid 10 weeks unpaid
- lookingfornewjob 0 weeks paid 12 weeks unpaid
Geico Maternity Leave Comments
- "If you planning on being a working parent, make sure your kids have a good childcare system or you and the other parent function well as a team. I hardly see my daughter except for my days off. I leave her early in the morning and I'm home late at night. Maternity leave is something only the lack of knowledge ones care about, You have to use all of your sick leave and vacation. And what you don't have left to cover is, well unpaid. They could do better by this. I have even considered leaving this company due to maternity leave. They could offer better programs for mothers and fathers. Even programs for advancement. Everyone has to follow the same course and that course may not be what an individual wants to do but in order for them to succeed, they may advance off topic to get to where they want to go. How does that improve your skill set? Sometimes it's just a paycheck." - Lady Lanae2413
- "They do not offer short term disability - so there is no maternity leave benefits. In many areas its male dominated and there is very little work life balance offered (no alternate work schedules, work from home, etc)." - Lady CurVDVa
- "Terrible when it comes to maternity leave." - Lady anon323
- "Because my husband and I work at the same company, we only qualify for 12 weeks unpaid FMLA combined. He took 2 weeks of vacation to bond." - lookingfornewjob
- "GEICO has a no telecommuting policy, very strict attendance policies, and zero paid maternity leave (I had two children whilst there and had to use all of my saved vacation time first, then I went on leave without pay; this then means no paid vacation days after your back until you accrue again). It's an environment filled with negative vibes and people. " - CoffeeGirl
The Office Maternity Leave Checklist for the "Type A" Professional
We've created a very detailed maternity leave checklist to cover pretty much every last detail we think matters for the transition from the office to being at home with your baby. This list is based on the experience, advice and tips that working moms have shared with us. So print it out, and start crossing things off! Before You Announce You're Pregnant at Work (for many women this is typically during yo...
Pregnancy and Maternity Leave for California Employees
If you're a pregnant California employee and interested in what your maternity leave rights are, you're in luck. You live in one of the three states in the United States that guarantees women a partially paid maternity leave. You may also qualify for partially paid leave under the state's short-term disability laws, which cover a portion of your pay while you are unable to work due to pregnancy or childbirth. D...
NY State Maternity Leave and Pregnancy Disability
Update: On March 31, 2016, New York States' legislature approved paid family medical leave for up to 12 weeks effective 2018. Here's our summary of the coming New York state family paid leave provisions. New York state gets a "B" grade from the National Partnership for Women and Families when it comes to how favorable the state laws for new and expecting parents compared to other American states. ...