GlaxoSmithKline http://www.gsk.com/

Want to be alerted when there are new data and reviews about GlaxoSmithKline?
Madam Justmomof3

Flexibility is good here but all other benefits like subsidized childcare and maternity leave are nonexistent. Women do advance but only so far it seems. In my dept all of the senior level directors are men.

No maternity leave. Have to use short term disability. Flexible though depending on your manager
Lady m@hphud Manager

Slow pace, lots of red tape. The company seems to be very flexible with a good work/life balance but the politics are horrible. I have never heard of anyone getting fire therefore incompetence is compounding. Promotions are based on politics. Pay and benefits are excellent though.

Lady Jake Director, Marketing

Challenging for two-income families

Depending on what you are willing to do
Lady anon1170 Account Manager, Sales

Increase in diverse hires. Accessibility to promotion for driven employees--regardless of gender. Generous maternity and paternity leave. Flexible schedule, generous perks and pay (bonus structure).

Madam Transformation

I have worked here for 17 years. I have an 11yo and 8yo. A large company like this did afford me flexibility with raising children. I could be flexible with my working hours and I was lucky enough to work for many managers who were open to working from home when there were sick kids or doctors appt etc. The advice I would get my self 17 year ago is to be more proactive with my career progression. I spent too many years waiting for my managers to promote me or hand me the next opportunity. I have learned now, that I need to find the next opportunities for myself by networking and paying attention to the areas of growth.

Lady Superduper

Although you may find people that treat you differently when you have kids, I have only had wonderful experiences and lots of support.

Lady Windhorse

Our CEO is a courageous and visionary leader. Seems he's headed the company in the right direction for the long haul, which is not only healthy for the company but because it's being done for healthy reasons, great for women too. The challenge is middle mgmt - still some who manage as their fiefdoms. Probably the current restructuring will shake that up further. It remains to be seen where things will land. Posted Mar 2015.

Madam Banana

They are very supportive of women in the company, but a lot of the women have been there a very long time and do not take well or play well with new comers who are not hand picked by them.

Lady Springgarden

I think that there is a huge disconnect between the "corporate culture" --what could be--and the "company culture" -- what I experience on a daily basis. I have always been in the field. The company culture is determined in the front seat of your car, one-on-one with your manager. I have heard stories of OUTRAGEOUS thinks that my current sales manager has said to women. However...nothing is in writing, nothing can be documented. It's "he said/she said". The women have gotten nice severance packages...but he's still here. In sales, the culture is set by your sales manager. This company looks great at the top!!! I'm really encouraged by everything I hear from Senior Leadership! I just wish I worked for that company on a daily basis....

Lady Marmalade

in many functional areas women are shut out of leadership positions. Look closely at the LT membership before joining a functional area.

Women Review GlaxoSmithKline for Culture, Pay and Gender Equality | Fairygodboss

Free, anonymous reviews of GlaxoSmithKline by female employees, including pay, hours, maternity leave, flextime, and company culture

3.3 stars, based on 23 reviews Company Website Madam Justmomof3 Lady m@hphud Lady Jake Lady anon1170 Madam Transformation Lady Superduper Lady Windhorse Madam Banana Lady Springgarden Lady Marmalade