Harvard University http://www.harvard.edu/

Want to be alerted when there are new data and reviews about Harvard University?
snax1414

I worked in a small office of mostly women, so I'm not sure how helpful I can be in answering this question.

Lady Libby

Extremely female-friendly, a lot of women work here but there isn't any cattiness among colleagues. Good benefits, flex-time, people can work from home one day of the week. Colleagues, supervisors etc. don't make faces or comments if you have to leave early or come in late because of a doctor's appointment.

Madam Catlady

I've worked at Harvard for 10 years. Though benefits (including maternity leave) are generous, and flexible work is well supported, leadership is largely male (despite the female president). I stay because the flexible work is super important to my family and personal life, but I haven't had a promotion or an expansion of my role in 7 years. That's the trade I am currently making.

Madam blackolive

If you're ambitious, it is better to leave and then come back. It is difficult to get promoted, men and women alike, unless you just happen to be there at the right time and situation. For women who have children, it is much better, because there is a ton of flexibility. While HR doesn't do much for the employee, they also do not hurt the employee either; there are many reports of HR warning managers against saying anything about performance except offering how they can help.

Depends on your goals and priorities
Lady Ru

This university employs so many people and has done so for so long that I think it has built up a set of internal rules and regulations that tend toward fairness, although I never tested it for gender biases myself.

Women Review Harvard University for Culture, Pay and Gender Equality | Fairygodboss

Free, anonymous reviews of Harvard University by female employees, including pay, hours, maternity leave, flextime, and company culture

4.4 stars, based on 5 reviews Company Website snax1414 Lady Libby Madam Catlady Madam blackolive Lady Ru