Jones Day http://www.jonesday.com/

Want to be alerted when there are new data and reviews about Jones Day?
anonymoususername Associate

I don't recommend working at Jones Day, but not for issues relating to being female. As far as big law firms go, I think it's probably reasonably family-friendly.

Not related to being a woman. Low office morale.

Superficially, this firm has attractive women's programs. They also have women in leadership positions. However, as a practical matter, advancement of women, particularly women who have had children, doesn't match the P.R. materials.

Lady LawyerMA

The opportunities here appear to be the same for men and for women. There are many women in leadership roles, which demonstrates the firm's commitment to equality.

Lady Lawyer

They just bumped their maternity leave policy to 18 weeks paid, which is the longest I've seen offered by Big Law. (Prior to the bump, it was 12 weeks paid.)

Lady Mary Associate

Great maternity leave benefits, but not great support upon return from leave. Probably depends who you work for, but I haven't seen it go well. Black box compensation model also provides ample opportunity for discrimination--I've seen up to $25K discrepancy between men/women in the same class. Again, could be the person/group you work for, but the institution does nothing to protect women from that kind of behavior. Also, I've seen three separate sexual harassment complaints (male partner, female associate) in the last five years that resulted in the woman being asked to leave.

Lady Litigator1028 Associate, Litigation

Overall a good company for women, but I do believe given it's size you have to be proactive about asking for desired professional opportunities.

Madam NH

Very supportive environment with great female partners and co-workers. Also, I feel entirely fine and supported taking my vacation time and maternity leave (18 weeks paid and up to 6 weeks unpaid upon approval).

Lady Carambola Associate

Great place to start a career - lots of options during your first year.

Madam Ping

Varies by office

Women Review Jones Day for Culture, Pay and Gender Equality | Fairygodboss

Free, anonymous reviews of Jones Day by female employees, including pay, hours, maternity leave, flextime, and company culture

3.2 stars, based on 9 reviews Company Website anonymoususername Lady LawyerMA Lady Lawyer Lady Mary Lady Litigator1028 Madam NH Lady Carambola Madam Ping