JP Morgan Chase & Co

#20

Business Manager

Good benefits, maternity leave, ability to work from home.

Was just increased to 16 weeks

anonymous4567

Vice President (VP)

Consumer Banking

A lot depends on your manager with support around time off and the leave policy. You have to have a strong commitment to push through and be successful. There's no one to help you navigate it but you. The maternity leave is nice, 16 wks paid, but you're responsible for the whole year's results, so you take a hit there. There is some schedule flexibility, but most of my work is done in the office, so you may have some flexibility but if it takes 50 hrs to complete your week's tasks you can't help cutting into your parenting time.

The leave was recently increased to 16 weeks. You are responsible for your full year's results including your leave. Men get 2 weeks. They assist with adoption costs as well

Yolo99

Good telecommuting policy. Most managers are open to working from home as needed or setting a standard schedule to work a day or two from home every weeks. I am very pleased they just increased maternity leave to 18 weeks.

Maternity was just increased to 18 weeks and paternity leave was just increased to 2 weeks.

Executive Director

Technology

There are a good number of women in technology but they are mostly in business analysis roles. There is the typical unconscious bias issues that come up day in and day out that one must manage. There are diversity efforts sponsored by senior managers and these efforts are action oriented programs including sponsorship, mentoring, and training.

Lady Godboss123

Private bank

There are a lot of women working in the private bank, but not a lot of new, younger moms. I think this is attributable to different evaluation methods and metrics that have been put in place over the past 5 years in addition to the lack of support that younger moms get from older more established women.

It depends on who your direct manager is and whether you have connections that will help you move up the ranks.

Lady Dollar

Generally I believe women are treated fairly but senior management is male-dominated and not diverse, which makes it tougher for women to "network" with them. Mid-level women don't seem to advance because of these subtle issues.

You have to be tough to work in this business.

Lady flk002

VP

There is a focus on the advancement of women. The company generally offers flexibility, but it can be at a manager's discretion and thus you won't necessarily be able to take additional unpaid maternity leave or work from home.

Lady starshadow

I joined JP Morgan Chase due to their excellent maternity benefits & being listed as one of the best places for working moms. They also have a great policy for telecommuting. The team I originally joined was very supportive of my family plans & being able to telecommute. However, after I joined, the leadership on my team changed. As did their policies & stance on telecommuting. While I was pregnant, they were very good to me & the maternity benefits were very accommodating. However, once it came time to return they were not realistic about the demands of being a parent & requested too much. I also watched other mothers not being given the same opportunities as their male counterparts due to their family obligations. There are very few women in leadership roles. Those that are tend not to have children.

This is an enormous company that has great parental benefits. However, each location & department has its own culture. The SF location & my department was not as parent friendly as I would have liked. Many parents worked long hours & were not promoted or compensated as fairly if they had family obligations to consider. However, the maternity benefits are amazing & during my pregnancy I was treated very well. Afterwards was a different story.

Lady Fortune33

Women are looked over for promotion and they mostly go to men. They interview all even though the manager knows they will not really be considered for the job opportunity. If lower level employees have an idea, they get batted down most of the time.

Executive Assistant

I have worked here for 4 years. Employees get 3 weeks of vacation which increases to 4 weeks after 5 years of service. Maternity leave is currently 12 weeks. There is the opportunity to have flex working arrangements if you boss is open to it.