Employee reviews at L’Oréal
3.1

default img
Tell us more for better jobs, advice
and connections
your interests
Your feed isn’t personalized yet. Follow topics like career advice, lifestyle or health.
companies you follow
companiesBoxImage
Get alerted when there are new employee reviews.
YOUR JOB ALERTS
Get notified when new jobs are posted.
"A good place to start a career - especially in Marketing."
"Other"
Assistant Vice President
"Maybe"

Want to

"Women (scientists) are often promoted here. The support staff is the least happy because they are often overlooked and underappreciated. R&I isn't "sexy" when you think about the cosmetics industry. Corporate feels as though they are more appreciated and as though the company "cares.""
"Other"
Administrative Assistant, Research & Development
Policies, Culture, Hours

Want to

"It takes a very specific woman to work here, especially in certain departments. It can be very political and if you don't enjoy socializing with your colleagues outside of work, it can be very difficult to move up. If you don't make friends with the right people (not necessarily management), it can be tricky to move forward. Can be very cliquey and people can gang up on you. Certain roles are more favorable to women than others. There are a lot of hours (sometimes meaning you just have to physically be at work) that cannot necessarily be just reduced by being better organized. Although, I do not have a family, I could see that if you had one it would be challenging as I have often worked 10-12 hours a day 6-7 days a week."
Supervisor, Warehouse

Want to

"I believe that woman or not, it's very hard to find support here. This was the first time for me working in a company where current employees have advised not to work here for an extended amount of time. Everyone is swamped all the time and almost everyone I've met works more than 40 hours a week. HR systems and onboarding is not organized and it's a very 'sink or swim" type of environment. To succeed, you really have to be the type of person to be demanding in what you want and almost push people around. There seems to be a lot of blaming and culture is very individualistic and management states that we are moving towards a culture of collaboration but it is not implemented. If you enjoy being a part of a supportive and united culture, as I do, I believe that you cannot find it here. People seem to work here to be promoted to a high position in another company and I have seen groups of people from diffrent departments quitting from being overworked. "
One thing L’Oréal can improve?
"Improve work-life balance and policies (e.g. flex-time, limit face time)"
Contract Manufacturing, Purchasing

Want to

"Long hours, a lot of corporate bureaucracy. You don't get promoted based on merit but politics."
Marketing