"They are open to constructive feedback to improve the workplace environment."
One thing Lenovo can improve?
"Improve work-life balance and policies (e.g. flex-time, limit face time)"
Sales Associate, Sales
Would you recommend Lenovo to other women?
"The company is in a city - Raleigh - that in general is family friendly. But its work and family life balance can certainly be improved, although the resouces could be limited. "
Would you recommend Lenovo to other women?
"If with good departments... "
"On paper and in the interview it looks like a great company. I was promised 2 days a week to work from home in the interview. They also say 22-24 weeks of maternity leave and unlimited vacation. The truth is that wfh, maternity leave and vacation time are all discretionary to the leader you role to. My whole side of the org is not allowed to wfh and my manager tracks our vacation even though it's unlimited. I am the only woman on my team or any functional teams I work with. This is a very old-school, white male culture. "
One thing Lenovo can improve?
"Improve work-life balance and policies (e.g. flex-time, limit facetime)"
"I only got 12 paid weeks because my male boss didn't know how to work the HR tool to set me up as being on leave. It was a blessing but also scary since he is a director of a big part of the business and can't work a simple workday tool. "
Would you recommend Lenovo to other women?
"As a woman, be prepared to work hard for the positions and pay that you want. Depending on your department, work-life balance may or may not be valued. In general, it really is not, but you can find some good teams. Do your research, and be ready to outlive the old IBMers who are well established, and in need of replacement."
Would you recommend Lenovo to other women?
"It's a Chinese company that brought on a bunch of IBM employees with the traditional Good ol boy culture. There are still opportunities for women. Just be prepared to work twice as hard."