Merck & Co., Inc. http://www.merck.com/

Want to be alerted when there are new data and reviews about Merck & Co., Inc.?
Lady deludedmom Associate Director

female leadership positions are few

There are areas that are very flexible
Madam Pickles Scientist

Salary and benefits are just ok.

Lady Mercury

I've been with the company for a little over 5 years. Generally I enjoy working here, the salary is very good for the area I live in. However I recently found out that the department I work in has hired males and females at different starting salaries a few years ago (men have higher salaries than their counterpart women with same education, background, age and experience). For the most part (salary excluded) I believe women are treated fairly but management is male-dominated and not diverse, which makes it tougher for women to "network" with them. Most of the few females that are in leadership roles are there based on connections they have (family members in higher positions) and not based on merit or leadership skills. Others are clearly put in leadership roles because they are easily manipulated by the higher management and fail to have a strong personality that protects the interests of their own team.

Lady wyakin

Gender politics coming into play varies by department and management, and is difficult to prove. I'd be more worried about overall office politics than any kind of discrimination based on gender. From what I understand, maternity leave is a joke. You can get paid for some of it if you have Aflac and don't sign up for it when you're already pregnant (it cannot be a 'pre-existing condition').

As long as you don't expect special treatment for being a woman.
Lady bigduke Sales Rep, Human Health

There are many women working here, but could use more women in upper management positions. Good maternity leave and benefits, including childcare discounts and back up babysitter options.

Lady nancy

Make yourself known

It depends what dept, non lab areas I believe are better,
Lady workerbee

Have confidence in yourself. Focus on strategy and networking. You will always get the work done, but it's the relationships that matter for your future.

Lady Zinger

Get involved in the Merck Women's Network, network up, find a sponsor, connect with a mentor, do things that might scare you, be on the offensive when it comes to career development (i.e., don't wait for someone to come to you for opportunities); ask for what you want.

Lady Kattanon337 Sr specialist, Finance

Lady surveysays9

There is certainly opportunity to prove yourself as a woman. A lot of women are in high positions. Relationships are important.

Women Review Merck & Co., Inc. for Culture, Pay and Gender Equality | Fairygodboss

Free, anonymous reviews of Merck & Co., Inc. by female employees, including pay, hours, maternity leave, flextime, and company culture

3.4 stars, based on 25 reviews Company Website Lady deludedmom Madam Pickles Lady Mercury Lady wyakin Lady bigduke Lady nancy Lady workerbee Lady Zinger Lady Kattanon337 Lady surveysays9