Employee reviews at Merck & Co., Inc.

Merck & Co., Inc.

default img
Tell us more for better jobs, advice
and connections
your interests
Your feed isn’t personalized yet. Follow topics like career advice, lifestyle or health.
companies you follow
Get alerted when there are new employee reviews.
YOUR JOB ALERTS
Get notified when new jobs are posted.
"Management is male dominated. Very few women even in "middle management". High priority placed on PhD, which fewer women have. A few token women in high profile management positions, but definitely not the norm."
Chemical Engineer
6 Weeks Paid | 18 Weeks Unpaid

Want to

"I think the company has a lot of flex able options that help working mom's, however I do believe leaving for maternity is held against st the end of the year. When your review is done the time out is held against your rating leaving to fall in a letter wee bracket."
Financial Analyst
6 Weeks Paid | 18 Weeks Unpaid

Want to

"I have worked here for over 20 years.. There is a great deal of diversity in the technical staff. This is in contrast to management, that is white-male dominated. Increasingly,I find myself as the only woman at a meeting or on a team. I never thought that it would make me uncomfortable, but it does. There is not a supportive environment of women leaders to serve as mentors. This is the result of women leaving the organization, both voluntarily and involuntarily. The voluntary departures are most disturbing. The This lack of diversity has been noted by company leadership. There are initiatives that are trying to address this, but they are reactionary and I fear are not taken seriously."

Want to

"Old School white male culture that even African American leadership has assimilated to continue with no progress for woman. If you are AA male you can lead but about the only minority that succeeds in the higer ranks. Backsliding and lack of vision on goals to raise woman in the ranks. Poor talent management for all regardless of race, gender etc. Good old boy system. Huge talent drain w merge and downsizing. Unable to attract top talent. New leader want to hire mellenials only and age discrimination is rampant."
6 Weeks Paid | 10 Weeks Unpaid

Want to

"I believe women are not earning on par the same salary as their male Counterparts for the same work ."

Want to

"There are many women working here, but could use more women in upper management positions. Good maternity leave and benefits, including childcare discounts and back up babysitter options."