Lady Awesomeblossom

Network! Find projects that interest you outside of your normal responsibilities. Ask for what you want. If you are a working mom, do what you need to do for your family. Microsoft expects that your family will come first. They will support you!

Madam Kitty Momma Talent Acquisition

Build strong relationships and network a lot. Don't be afraid to try a new role or job and certainly don't believe every bit of feedback you get.

Lady anon233 SDET, Sql Server

What a nightmare! Everything was fine until I became pregnant. What was said in my review did not match my review score. It became clear that they were trying to manage me out the minute I returned from maternity leave. I left quickly and had another manager beg me to stay as she knew that my crappy review score was going to her. If you have a bad review score they will deny you disability leave so watch out for this. Absolute pleasure leaving this team!

Jeep Girl Technology Strategist, Enterprise Sales

Be prepared to experience a lot of change, and learn to roll with it. While it remains a male dominated company in the technical roles, you are given every opportunity to either affect change, or influence it positively. Don't worry so much about what you will do in 5 years, just go be excellent at what you are doing now. Don't be afraid to ask for help, and GET A MENTOR!! And finally, be empowered to ask for a promotion and a raise if you think you deserve it! You'll be surprised at how often it will work!

Lady pm

Lots of changes happening in this company, I have been thru numerous re-orgs. Be prepared for your charter to change.

Lady Trouble Director

I wish I had been told that you define your own destiny. The company is supportive if you are ready to be ambitious and lean forward. Microsoft does not do very well with employees who are not assertive and don't grab on to opportunities. My advice to young women starting out is to be confident, ask for challenging work and then go and deliver.

Lady Faluga Human Resources

Just be yourself and be confident in who that person is... and be in charge of your own career. Don't assume that your manager is there to grow you to the next level or position, etc... it is up to you to determine what learnings you need, what job you think is the best fit next... The manager is just there to help guide you on your quest.

idyll Girl OSG

Be optimistic

Lady Angel

I wish I would have known that my starting salary and level would be an issue throughout my entire career at Microsoft. Don't under estimate the importance of negotiating a good salary, title, level from the start. The work life balance lines are very blurred, but there is ample flexibility to make up of it most of the time, but you have to take it no one is going to offer it to you. Plus, a good mentor right away will help navigate the politics because this place feels massive from the inside.

Lady Bird

Don't idolize the job position you are in if you just came out of college. There are bad bosses and bad roles, and sometimes you can fall into one of those bad roles as part of holes in the on boarding. Just network and use connections to get yourself to where you feel you fit in.

Have things gotten better, worse, or stayed the same for women at Microsoft in the past year?

• 0%

say gotten better

• 0%

say gotten worse

• 100%

say the same

Women Review Microsoft for Culture, Pay and Gender Equality | Fairygodboss

Free, anonymous reviews of Microsoft by female employees, including pay, hours, maternity leave, flextime, and company culture

3.6 stars, based on 210 reviews Company Website Lady Awesomeblossom Madam Kitty Momma Lady anon233 Jeep Girl Lady pm Lady Trouble Lady Faluga idyll Girl Lady Angel Lady Bird