Lady of Creativity

Microsoft is transitioning from an "old school" company of many male engineers to a "current" company with a healthy mix & attitude towards women and men, as well as affordances for more flexible works schedules. Most of the women I work with have children or are planning to have children & they feel that Microsoft allows them to be a mom and work. I personally like to work out in the morning so I can cook dinner with my husband in the evening. Microsoft lets me get in later / leave later so that I can do that.

Lady WorksALot Program Manager

I've worked here for almost my entire career - mostly as full time, but with a part-time stint as well. I've had maternity leaves and was very supported through them. I feel like there are great places for women in this company but that there does exist an "boys" network that tends to undervalue some of the strengths that women bring to the table and that results in few women being promoted to leadership positions.

Lady dragonfly Principal PM Manager

Like any other organization - Finding a sponsor (male or female) will do wonders for one's career.

Lady Sleeplessnseattle Director

Just like any other corporation. Pick your manager not the job.

Madam of Mystery Senior Program Manager

I've worked at the company for 8 years. Microsoft has a wealth of resources for women including social groups and incredible health and child care benefits. The flexibility provided to me to work at varying hours, work from home, etc. is a differentiator for me and allows me to have better work/life balance.

Madam Mexican

Ive worked for Microsoft for 4 years through 1 pregnancy. I was 9 months pregnant and still working when a position that I was qualified appeared within my current team. A position that had I not been pregnant I am sure I would have gotten. Other than that I returned to work disappointed but my work life balance since the pregnancy has been great. I feel like overall the company is supportive.

Garbonz Girl Business Program Manager Group Manager, IT

I have worked at the company for almost 25 years and have enjoyed a variety of roles and different orgs - every role and group has so many different opportunities. As a female employee and manager I have never felt limited, judged or held back. Competition is challenging, the modified review system is much better but as a manager I don't feel like I have complete control of rewards for me team.

Madam Coder Software Engineer

It is not my gender that makes me feel different - it is being single, childless, and American. I assume any single, childless, American male would feel the same. This is a very good place to work. Keep in mind, though, that experience can vary wildly between teams. That being said, my experience has been great.

Lady Macbeth Sr. Software Engineer

Speak up else you will be stepped over/talked over and overlooked. You have to adopt Men-like behaviors to be successful here.

Madam Madison Program Manager

The flex time opportunities are great. As a single mother of a small child, it was hard for me to work regular hours. All managers I've had of me working when it makes sense for me.

Have things gotten better, worse, or stayed the same for women at Microsoft in the past year?

• 0%

say gotten better

• 0%

say gotten worse

• 100%

say the same

Women Review Microsoft for Culture, Pay and Gender Equality | Fairygodboss

Free, anonymous reviews of Microsoft by female employees, including pay, hours, maternity leave, flextime, and company culture

3.6 stars, based on 210 reviews Company Website Lady of Creativity Lady WorksALot Lady dragonfly Lady Sleeplessnseattle Madam of Mystery Madam Mexican Garbonz Girl Madam Coder Lady Macbeth Madam Madison