Lady Softie PM, DevDiv

I've worked at MSFT for 12+ years and through two kids. They are not very supportive of part-time work, but typically supportive of other flex options. the environment in each division/group can be really different. I highly recommend DevDiv, the developer division whose focus is on developer tools. I would stay away from Xbox unless you are a work-aholic gamer. I don't think that group is very family friendly.

CuriousCat Girl PM

The company is really good when it comes to diversity, work-life balance as well as opportunities.

Super Girl Program Manager, Windows

I've worked here for several years and have seen a good balance of both male and female managers with both being very supportive and treating everyone equally. Being in the engineering side of things I've always been used to being the only, or one of the very few females in the room/team and that's true as well but definitely improves when you happen to be with a female manager.

Kiki Girl

Good benefits and culture for families in general, even though the particular experience depends on the particular team/department

Lady anon41 Program Manager, Operating Systems Group

I have worked here for almost 2 years. As a whole, Microsoft doesn't do a great job supporting college hires integrate into the larger Microsoft community. However, Microsoft has many tools, trainings and employee resource networks in place to guide current employees in their career growth, so if you are resourceful, can handle the soul-crushing reality of office politics,and are comfortable being the only women and/or only under-represented minority on your team(and how that plays out in a patriarchal capitalist white supremacist institution)...then you may succeed here. However, the importance of having a manager who is your advocate and willing to help you grow cannot be stressed enough!!! If you don't feel like your manager (your boss's boss) supports your growth and recognizes your value, leave your team ASAP. Build up your credibility by proving your engineering prowess if you are a software engineer/program manager. If you did not graduate with a degree in Computer Science, keep this information to yourself lest you be marked as incompetent or less-experienced. The work/life balance at Microsoft seems more reasonable than other tech giants. Also, last warning...be cautious of the work you sign up for...women have a tendency to be assigned devalued work...be sure that you are very cautious when taking on new assignments.

Explorer Girl

Very flexible to accommodate different work arrangements like part-time, unpaid leave, mat leave. Similar to other companies, building a strong network within the company helps a lot in reaching your career goals.

Lady aleona23

I have worked at Microsoft for 3+ years and took 1 maternity leave. After returning, I was able to work out a schedule that worked for my family as well as change roles to better fit my needs (so less travel, but maintain a role that kept me challenged).

it all depends on who your manager is. there's lots of opportunities to grow and learn, but compensation has always been subpar. little to no bonus, no matter how hard one works. i am here purely because of the opps to learn and the flexibility.

Lady Learnsalot Director of Benefits, Human Resources

I've worked here a long time, through good times and not so good times. The company will take all you have to give unless you set boundaries and hold to them, but when you do that they are generally respected.

Madam anon43 SDET

GOOD

Have things gotten better, worse, or stayed the same for women at Microsoft in the past year?

• 0%

say gotten better

• 0%

say gotten worse

• 100%

say the same

Women Review Microsoft for Culture, Pay and Gender Equality | Fairygodboss

Free, anonymous reviews of Microsoft by female employees, including pay, hours, maternity leave, flextime, and company culture

3.6 stars, based on 210 reviews Company Website Lady Softie CuriousCat Girl Super Girl Kiki Girl Lady anon41 Explorer Girl Lady aleona23 Lady anon42 Lady Learnsalot Madam anon43