"The Leader to who I work for, used bad words, even during meetings and also over the phone!! my daughter who was 9 at the time even heard them, during the Company wide required feedback, I provided honest feedback about his bad words, which rather than taking them as an area of opportunity he instead made my life a living hell. I ended up leaving that team in less than a year. He made sure the next manager also gave me horrible time. I ended up losing my job. There were almost no woman in that team."
Would you recommend Microsoft to other women?
"Pretty good awareness to promote women. More and more women are managers and directors."
Program Manager, N/A
Would you recommend Microsoft to other women?
"I've worked here straight out of college. Although my engineering team is predominantly women, this is NOT the norm. I see a lot of women coming into engineering roles, which is encouraging. But my management chain, from my direct all the way up to Satya Nadella, are all men. This is the case for most employees at Microsoft."
Software Engineer, N/A
Would you recommend Microsoft to other women?
"Funny... I read the verbatim that the site provides as an example and it was exactly how I feel... I've worked here for years and there are a lot of women working here, but predominantly in support roles. Generally I believe they are treated fairly but management is male-dominated and not diverse, which makes it tougher for women to "network" with them. Mid-level women don't seem to advance because of these subtle issues."
Program Manager, Contract and Revenue Management
Would you recommend Microsoft to other women?
"On paper, yes, very supportive of women in the workforce. In practice, very much a boys' club at the top still. Despite the great flexibility (hours, working remotely), the crazy workload and multiple time zone work means that the job is not very family-friendly. Women don't have the time to network enough to get to the top. Most of the men in management position have stay-at-home wife taking care of the kids."
"I have the perfect balance of work and life at Microsoft. I get to work from home, still manage a global role and enjoy my personal life. I really feel Microsoft gives me the best of everything which makes me want to work for them everyday."
Would you recommend Microsoft to other women?
"I've been here for over 3 years. You need to have a thick skin and be willing to take risks. I've been in groups of women where they talk about '1000 little papercuts' during their days, but it's not something I've ever experienced. I act like one of the guys, I guess, and so I'm not hyper sensitive like others. I don't feel as if I have ever been judged negatively because of my gender. Engineer4Fun"