It's a great company which allows for work/life balance

Surfer Girl Software Engineer, Windows

Even though the gender ratio is imbalanced, everyone I've worked with here acts professionally and gladly accepts diversity of many kinds. What matters here is what we can contribute or accomplish, not how we look or dress while doing so. CEO Satya Nadella was recently criticized for not encouraging women to speak up for themselves, but I think that's just because here at Microsoft, our work is allowed to speak for us, as it should.

Lady Aviva Marketing

Microsoft tries hard to be a good company for women. It's benefits are exemplary, and it has a lot of support. Still, it is a tech company that values active dissent and speaking over/interrupting others is encouraged. Despite recent changes, it is still a confrontational, combative workplace. If you are a woman that thrives in that environment, you'll do well, but if you are more of a consensus builder, don't like confrontation or don't feel comfortable walking the fine line between being assertive & driving and being a bitch, you'll do fantastically well.

I have worked here for a long time and stayed through having 2 children. I returned after both maternity leaves because I want to have a career and was apprehensive of taking a longer break as that affects one's career. My second time return was a lot easier than the first time given I had a great manager. If you have a good manager and you have proven yourself on the team, you can get good flexibility.

Lady Seattlegirlie Principal Program Manager, ASG

Worked here 16+ years. Overall have had a good experience -- I work hard but have lots of flexibility that allows for work-life balance.

Lady Swan Sr. Director

I have been here for 15+ years and feel that the company has become much more women and family friendly with a focus on an evolving culture that allows women to feel more empowered to work with different styles and approaches. It is also up to the individual but the company certainly supports family first, Work life integration and culture that supports women's careers more progressively. I often say that I have had 3 distinct careers within the same company; you cant say that about many companies - this is due to the great career movement that you can do across many different areas of the business.

Madam Prag

I've been here for almost three years and have built up a lot of communication and management skills. It is a good place to build up skills needed in the industry.

Madam anon130 PM

Depends on the team and the manager, but overall it's a very good company, it has good benefits for women/mothers but we can see by ourselves that the leadership is still all men

Lady Grork

Good company. Lots of variability between groups.

Madam Giry

Many people with family so it's more understanding

Have things gotten better, worse, or stayed the same for women at Microsoft in the past year?

• 0%

say gotten better

• 0%

say gotten worse

• 100%

say the same

Women Review Microsoft for Culture, Pay and Gender Equality | Fairygodboss

Free, anonymous reviews of Microsoft by female employees, including pay, hours, maternity leave, flextime, and company culture

3.6 stars, based on 210 reviews Company Website Lady anon44 Surfer Girl Lady Aviva Lady anon45 Lady Seattlegirlie Lady Swan Madam Prag Madam anon130 Lady Grork Madam Giry