Lady Luck

Lady nala Software Engineer

I have worked here for 3.5 years - its not an easy place to thrive. It takes a while to built credibility and trust. Not to mention, one should build a thick skin and toughen up, in terms of accepting criticism/not being heard, and still voice out to sustain and grow.

Lady Undomiel Software Developer, Office

Microsoft truly is a company that can change the world. Their reach is incredible. I work on Office, a product used by millions and millions of people every day. That's exciting and motivating! They have lots of perks, but like all large companies, a fair amount of bureaucracy as well. The trick is finding a good team. There are many good teams, but there are a few real lemons that will sour you on Microsoft for good. Once I had kids, I made sure to work only for managers who also had kids -- they just get it. But there are also managers without kids who understand the pressure. While I have been the trailblazer, nowadays I also prefer to work on teams that already have a number of women. You only need about 2 women on a team to make it a safer place, but in the technical roles that is sometimes hard to find. A team with 15-20% women is a sweet spot (harder to find more!).

run Girl

Every day brings new and wonderful challenges and you get to work with incredibly talented people. The environment is supportive and the company is striving every day to improve the workplace not just for women but for ALL employees.

Lady dal

Teams and organizations vary in terms of the number of total women and their culture. My team has a number of other women, and I've never felt that fact has made my job or my environment less pleasurable. Overall, my coworkers (male or female) have treated me with respect. Leadership (though primarily male) have been forthcoming about wanting and growing a diverse workspace.

U Go Girl

Microsoft has made some missteps over time, but in general there is a strong and genuine commitment to diversity. I think after Satya's karma comment our leadership really sought to understand and then harness the value diversity brings to the business. I trust the leadership here, I am able to balance a demanding role with the demands of a growing family at home, and I love my job.

Lady anon46 Program Manager

Started working for this company straight out of University. While I am definitely a minority among engineering roles, I never felt like "the girl". I am always treated similarly to my male counterparts and have thoroughly enjoyed the experience and culture here.

Madam anon133 Principal Program Manager, OSG

I've worked here for more than 5 years and love it so far. The work life balance, the impact of my work in the lives of billions of people, and the pay is superb.

Lady anon48 Recruiter, HR

There are a lot of resources for women here. I have felt very supported.

Lady sunnyspray Software Developer II, Visual Studio

I have so far very positive experiences with the company. I am now about to go on maternity and parental leave. I hope I will find a supportive environment, and that my return after the leave periods will be pleasant. I hope to work there many more years to come. My current role and team are great! Let's see what happens.

Have things gotten better, worse, or stayed the same for women at Microsoft in the past year?

• 0%

say gotten better

• 0%

say gotten worse

• 100%

say the same

Women Review Microsoft for Culture, Pay and Gender Equality | Fairygodboss

Free, anonymous reviews of Microsoft by female employees, including pay, hours, maternity leave, flextime, and company culture

3.6 stars, based on 210 reviews Company Website Lady Luck Lady nala Lady Undomiel run Girl Lady dal U Go Girl Lady anon46 Madam anon133 Lady anon48 Lady sunnyspray