Lady anon49 Staffing Associate, University Recruiting

I've worked here for roughly 2 years and have quickly moved up in roles and level. I work with a majority of female managers and associates (I'm in HR) and feel my thoughts are heard and my value to the team is known. I look forward to continuing to grow in this company and plan to stay as far as my career path will take me.

Women are treated fairly and given equal opportunity as men to take on projects.

Lady anon53 Senior Program Manager, Misc

I have worked there for 17 years. I had major illness and later twins and I have always had support from my managers and co-workers. It's a good role with interesting work and there's nothing to complain about except the terrible traffic to and from work.

Lady mg

I have worked for this company a long time and stayed through having 2 kids. I was with the team for a while and built up my credibility before having kids, so that helped. With my second kid I was managing a team and had more responsibilities, so it was more challenging. I moved to a individual contributor role to help with better work life balance but the career trajectory definitely slows down.

Lady Cham3l3on Principle Program Manager, Cloud & Enterprise

Overall I've enjoyed my time at Microsoft. I've had 2 kids and was even promoted while on Mat leave. There are times where work-life balance can be a bit difficult but it is achievable.

Lady julep Senior Lead, OSG

There are a lot of old-school men around, but it has changed a lot over the years. I doubt that it is worse than any other major company with regard to how it treats women. I don't notice a difference between the treatment of women who have taken maternity leave. If anything, it's overcompensated for to make sure no one takes issue. That said, I am treated differently because I am a woman, often. However, I am happy with my work/life balance and the creativity of the job, so I don't plan to leave.

Lady anon54 Senior Consultant, Microsoft Consulting Services

Microsoft still has a predominantly male culture and male management team. My experience was that women with years of experience are assumed to be pursuing an administrative or project management career path, and are assumed to be less technical. Young women are assumed to be less knowledgeable than their peers.

Lady Bug

Have been with Microsoft for 5 years now and I believe this is a great place for women. However, there are a lot of unconscious biases and people do have to prove themselves before earning credibility and respect. And this is harder for women.

Lady scoop1970 Premier Field Engineer

Microsoft is a bit of an odd duck. It's very difficult to move around in this company because they have taken the good old boy network and institutionalized it. They actually tell you, you have to hobnob and glad-hand the hiring manager for six months to a year before a job opens and then once one opens, you will be at the top of the list. if you don't do this, you will not ever get interviewed for any job. So, forget having the right experience and credentials; those do not matter at all. What matters is hanging out at the bar and having a drink. and yes, that is MUCH more awkward as a woman.

Lady ilv4vball Staffing Consultant, HR

I left Microsoft for another local tech company, and only stayed away for about 2 years. I love it here! I've been back for about 3 with no plans to leave. I have excellent flexibility, can work from home, and have very reasonable expectations for my work.

Have things gotten better, worse, or stayed the same for women at Microsoft in the past year?

• 0%

say gotten better

• 0%

say gotten worse

• 100%

say the same

Women Review Microsoft for Culture, Pay and Gender Equality | Fairygodboss

Free, anonymous reviews of Microsoft by female employees, including pay, hours, maternity leave, flextime, and company culture

3.6 stars, based on 210 reviews Company Website Lady anon49 Lady anon50 Lady anon53 Lady mg Lady Cham3l3on Lady julep Lady anon54 Lady Bug Lady scoop1970 Lady ilv4vball