"You need a strong sponsor in your group and a manager who is sensitive to unconscious bias"
Program Manager, ASG
Would you recommend Microsoft to other women?
"Different groups have different culture"
"I've worked here for 6 years and there are a lot of women working here in a range of roles. Generally I believe they are treated fairly, but at times still excluded from "mixing with management". There are can still be people with an us and them mentality."
Would you recommend Microsoft to other women?
"I've worked here for 4 years. There are great benefits, maternity leave, and work/life balance. The senior leadership is predominately white males. Men are often promoted over women. The current review structure does not account for gender bias so I would assume that men, on average, receive higher bonuses - although HR would not confirm that when I reached out about it. Lots of talk to press about them investing in women, but do not see that happening internally."
Senior Marketing Manager, Marketing
Would you recommend Microsoft to other women?
"Pros: benefits, paid maternity/paternity leave, work life balance Cons: Leadership is predominately white males, men are often promoted over women, agressive culture that doesn't value assertive women"
"I've worked here for 7 years. There are a lot of women working within my group - the challenge is that the hours are still very intense. You are on all of the time making it difficult to find time for your family."
Would you recommend Microsoft to other women?
"Depending on how much they want to travel and be away from their family."
"Women are still not at equal pay for the same roles / levels as their male counterparts. Leadership roles for women are much harder to attain, particularly if trying to climb from within the organization and in the last couple of years, large percentages of women over the age of 40 were laid-off after years of service."
Would you recommend Microsoft to other women?
"Depends on which team you go . If there are more men who work 20 hrs a day when u work then you will look like a slacker. Not all teams are like that. But people definitely work more than 8 hrs a day"
Software engineer, N/A
Would you recommend Microsoft to other women?
"If you can work for more than regular work hours"