logic Girl

I was reassigned to new team during maternity leave. I was put on performance improvement programming by new team when returned from maternity leave. I resigned before pip. I was calibrated very well before maternity leave.

Lady tart

Microsoft cares about women.

Lady financeguru

Finance

I've been here for 13 years. Generally women are treated fairly, but like in all tech companies, the management is predominantly non-diverse males and I believe there is an unconscious bias against mothers taking time to tend to family needs, flex time, etc. Benefits in general are great to support a family.

Lady Zinnia

I worked here for 3 years in engineering where there were few other women. All of the women were in junior levels, even the ones who were not entry-level and had some years of experience. I did not have any mentors or sponsors, the environment was fairly isolating.

• Recent Bonus (USD)

It was a good first job to have straight out of school.

Lady reach4thestars

SEM Optimization Specialist

Bing Ads

I am a vendor here and have worked at Microsoft for the past 5 1/2 years now. There are a lot of women that work here but mostly in support roles. I don't see as many leaders as there should be. Women are treated fairly but I would like to see more women in higher levels here. It would also be great if FTE women would give vendor women opportunities to join the company. It is hard enough as it is for women in the work force and I don't see many networking opportunities around here. And those who do network are bad mouthed as 'desperate'.

Lady kaleyheart

I've worked here for 18 years and there are a lot of women working here, but predominantly in support roles. Generally I believe they are treated fairly but management is male-dominated and not diverse. Mid-level women don't seem to advance because of these subtle issues.

• Recent Bonus (USD)

It depends on the role and the manager

Lady Pixie

Senior Service Operations Service Engineer

While I was treated better here than at any other company I've worked for, there are still certainly some issues, not least of which is Satya Nadella's comments about women and raises. Almost all of the Admin Assistants are women, and while there are some engineers, devs, testers, etc that are women, you REALLY have to strut your stuff as people will tend to think you should be doing 'softer' work (presentations, admin assistant, marketing, reporting, etc). Show everyone that you're a world class talent though, and you'll get respect in a hurry, and outside of some cultural barriers, you'll find people will back you up pretty strongly.

• Recent Bonus (USD)

The particular organization you're in within Microsoft has the largest influence on how good your experience will be, or how bad it will be. Re-Orgs can turn a fairytale like environment into a hellish nightmare pretty quick. Keep your finger on the pulse of the org. If people are starting to get stressed, start looking to transfer. If a power vacuum opens up, cutt throat politics WILL ensue, so get somewhere else as fast as you can. When there is stability and cohesion within an org, it shows. When there isn't, it's hell.

Lady Office

Senior Program Manager

Office

I've worked here for 11 years. When I started, I worked for a woman who was formerly the head of a very big group. Looking up in the organization, I saw a few women who were up the management chain (though none other than my boss in my own management chain). Now, there are far fewer, and it isn't clear as to why. On the positive side, the lack of women in leadership has been acknowledged by the top people in my organization, and there is a lot of thought going into what to do and how to change the organization's management from a 40-something-wife-at-home-white boys club like it is now. As for maternity leave, I have found both men and women (and especially men) to be supportive of parental leave. In fact, I've seen male managers be more supportive of taking the full leave (20 weeks) than women managers.

Lady londonlass

I have worked here for 13 years. It's a great place to work depending upon your management. Still very male dominated, but the company is evolving for the better. Great maternity leave options, and flexibility when needed around family.

Lady Director Princess

Its a great company to work for. how women are treated depends on the team you are in , your manager etc. initial pay and level negotiation is key .

• Recent Bonus (USD)

Have things gotten better, worse, or stayed the same for women at Microsoft in the past year?

say gotten better

say gotten worse

say the same

Women Review Microsoft for Culture, Pay and Gender Equality | Fairygodboss

Free, anonymous reviews of Microsoft by female employees, including pay, hours, maternity leave, flextime, and company culture

stars, based on 214 reviews Company Website logic Girl Lady tart Lady financeguru Lady Zinnia Lady reach4thestars Lady kaleyheart Lady Pixie Lady Office Lady londonlass Lady Director Princess