Lady equalityforall Senior Marketing Manager, Marketing

I've worked here for 4 years. There are great benefits, maternity leave, and work/life balance. The senior leadership is predominately white males. Men are often promoted over women. The current review structure does not account for gender bias so I would assume that men, on average, receive higher bonuses - although HR would not confirm that when I reached out about it. Lots of talk to press about them investing in women, but do not see that happening internally.

Pros: benefits, paid maternity/paternity leave, work life balance Cons: Leadership is predominately white males, men are often promoted over women, agressive culture that doesn't value assertive women
Lady Whittle

I've worked here for 7 years. There are a lot of women working within my group - the challenge is that the hours are still very intense. You are on all of the time making it difficult to find time for your family.

Depending on how much they want to travel and be away from their family.
Lady SingstheBlues

Women are still not at equal pay for the same roles / levels as their male counterparts. Leadership roles for women are much harder to attain, particularly if trying to climb from within the organization and in the last couple of years, large percentages of women over the age of 40 were laid-off after years of service.

Lady Katy Software Engineer

Depends on which team you go . If there are more men who work 20 hrs a day when u work then you will look like a slacker. Not all teams are like that. But people definitely work more than 8 hrs a day

If you can work for more than regular work hours
Lady TechParent Principal Program Manager

Women can definitely be successful here but it is very male dominated. My experience is that to be successful you need to act like all the men around you. This is not only a gender issue but can also be an issue for introverts.

Varies greatly by division and/or manager
Lady kat

Many of the women at Director or Executive level either have no children or a spouse that does not work outside of the home. Men are congratulated if they work from home or stay home due to a domestic issue.

Depends on the group and manager
Lady Licensing Director

24X7 nurse hotline; in home doctor visits; subsidized back up childcare - 100 hours per year at $4 per hour.

Lady anon224 Senior Director, Channel Marketing

Microsoft offers a ton of flexibility and opportunity - I have been here almost 13 years and I am very proud to work for Microsoft.

Lady Snap Marketing

Experience for women will vary greatly depending on the group they are in. I have had a great experience, did interesting work and am fairly compensated. I do not have executive aspirations, which helped me choose balance. It is a fairly flexible work place in most groups which many take for granted. And 20 weeks mat leave (8 unpaid) with 4 / 8 for men is pretty darn good.

Lady Leilani Coco

If you want to be taken seriously, do not start in a support role. There is a massive glass ceiling above all support roles and near impossible to break out of them, regardless of skills or experience. Ability "choose" work hours or flexibility is completely dependent on your current manager. Good manager = good work/mom balance. Not awesome manager = crappy work/mom balance.

Have things gotten better, worse, or stayed the same for women at Microsoft in the past year?

• 0%

say gotten better

• 0%

say gotten worse

• 100%

say the same

Women Review Microsoft for Culture, Pay and Gender Equality | Fairygodboss

Free, anonymous reviews of Microsoft by female employees, including pay, hours, maternity leave, flextime, and company culture

3.6 stars, based on 210 reviews Company Website Lady equalityforall Lady Whittle Lady SingstheBlues Lady Katy Lady TechParent Lady kat Lady Licensing Lady anon224 Lady Snap Lady Leilani Coco