Juju1812 Girl

Amazing company with amazing rewards and benefits. Recommended for only the extremely driven people of any gender.

Lady balerina Sales

n/a

Lady anon36 Group Finance Manager, SMSG

I have worked here for 5 years and there are quite a few women here but mainly in lower level roles. Generally I believe they are treated fairly but management is male dominated an not diverse. Some managers treat women differently than there mail counterpartes

Depends on the group
Lady HelloKitty

Microsoft is a good employer... but with a lot of legacy in place. While Satya tries to refresh the company and improve it's policies, most of it still operates with a lot of politics and slowness.

I worked at Microsoft for 10 years, 6 as a contingent staff and 4 as an FTE. I had so many positive experiences working at Microsoft, but did not leave on a very positive note. I felt like there was so good equality among males and females, but there were often "good ole boys clubs" that made it difficult to network well. I think maternity leave is generous, but being a working mom was criticized by many and not overly supported from my leadership.

There are so many great things about Microsoft, and so many not so great things.
Madam WorkingMom Sales

My experience has been that there is a lot of flexibility and trust. Microsoft hires smart people that are good workers, so the philosophy in my group was: here's your job, here's the deadline, I don't care where you do it or when you do it, just get it done. I appreciate that flexibility and trust as a parent. There isn't any feeling of having to "clock in and out" With that said, the majority of senior leadership is male. There is a level that I believe is difficult to surpass while still spending a reasonable amount of time with your family.

Great opportunities for growth

Not really a place that you're going to spend your whole career, but the training I gained while there was worth the layoff!

Lady meelee

N/A

Lady yentl PM

Its a Job, not a marriage. Make sure to not work excessively, learn the fine art to do your job greatly well giving the "extra" mile but make sure that you keep it controlled and don't give more than necessary, even if you can give the 2nd extra mile. Once you give it will become the standard from you, and always those around you will want more... suddenly you will work +8 hrs / day and always feeling behind..

Have things gotten better, worse, or stayed the same for women at Microsoft in the past year?

• 0%

say gotten better

• 0%

say gotten worse

• 100%

say the same

Women Review Microsoft for Culture, Pay and Gender Equality | Fairygodboss

Free, anonymous reviews of Microsoft by female employees, including pay, hours, maternity leave, flextime, and company culture

3.6 stars, based on 210 reviews Company Website Juju1812 Girl Lady balerina Lady anon36 Lady HelloKitty Lady anon226 Madam WorkingMom Lady anon227 Lady anon228 Lady meelee Lady yentl