OnDeck

Headquarters:New York, New York(USA)201-500 Employees
4.4

"Be bold. If you see an issue or you see something that isnt right, dont be afraid to say something. That is the only way things can continue to improve. Not enough women in the company are brave enough to bring up issues that need to be discussed. Equal pay, equal job repsonsibilities etc.! "
One thing OnDeck can improve?
"There arent strict policies for time off and work life balance which is good. The drawback is its all management discression - so as long as youre good with who you report to, it should be fine "
Would you recommend OnDeck to other women?
"There are many departments within the organization that are open to women in leadership and open to the ideas regardless of who they come from. Some departments, like sales, are still heavily male dominated. That good ol boys club feel is still a real thing in sales. "
"Ondeck really does care about you, your career, your health, your life, and your happiness!"
Patnership, Sales
"OnDeck is great for a person who has family and a person that just likes to live life! They are really good about working with you when you need to be gone. If you have an appointment, no problem. If your child is sick, no problem. They are great all around! "
Would you recommend OnDeck to other women?
"On Deck is a great place to work. Men and women are not treated differently and I feel that there is a lot of room for growth and expansion here."
, Legal
Would you recommend OnDeck to other women?
"I'd say that the workplace is fairly progressive in terms of its culture and hiring practices, even though there's still insufficient women in executive leadership positions across the departments. "
Product Manager, Product
Would you recommend OnDeck to other women?
"At OnDeck, I am given the same opportunities as anyone else to demonstrate professional success, take on stretch opportunities and develop my career, all while devoting time to my family. I appreciate that I have a voice at the table, that I'm allowed to take risks, and that OnDeck recognizes my leadership potential. I am supported by all my colleagues and feel strongly that OnDeck rewards team members based upon the merits of the work, not on their gender or background."
One thing OnDeck can improve?
"Spearhead more employee resource groups (LGBT, minority groups) and sponsor external diversity initiatives that team members can be a part of and that align with our core values - like Out on the Street or PowerMoves"
Senior Manager, Human Resources
"As a working parent, I feel incredibly supported by my manager, my colleagues and my employer to devote time and attention to my family while also challenging me professionally with stretch assignments. I am given the opportunity to prove my ability balance both work and personal responsibilities, which in turn has greatly built my trust and loyalty with OnDeck."
"I joined OnDeck at almost 5 months pregnant, which demonstrated to me the company's inclusive and open culture from the beginning. I was tasked with challenging goals and assignments in my onboarding plan that helped me build cross-functional relationships and allowed me to achieve several business wins before I went out on leave. I was also incredibly supported in terms of preparation for my leave and transition for returning to work. "
Would you recommend OnDeck to other women?
"Nothing, everything is great at OnDeck, and I'm always feeling challenged."
Would you recommend OnDeck to other women?
"Great maternity leave policy, very relaxed vacation/ work from home policy"
Would you recommend OnDeck to other women?
"OnDeck has a great maternity leave policy, unlimited PTO, and flexible hours that allow you to manage your family and work obligations. There is also a lot of opportunity for growth, interesting projects, very supportive leadership, and an all around great culture. "
One thing OnDeck can improve?
"I did not take maternity leave here, but wish I had waited to have my kids until I was here. Generous 4-month fully paid leave! Previous company had me fighting to take my unpaid 12 weeks."
Would you recommend OnDeck to other women?
"Great place to work where you are hired based on your skillset, not the gender you happen to be. More women being hired as we grow, and great benefits package including 4-months maternity leave. Would like to see more women holding senior leadership positions."
Would you recommend OnDeck to other women?
"Super flexible with all employees including us working moms. If my children become ill, I can leave to get them. If my children wake up ill, I can work from home. The ability to take time off to enjoy family time is also very flexible. "
Would you recommend OnDeck to other women?
"Intense, passionate, great culture, growth, data, awesome maternity leave policy, smart people"
Vp And Head Of Operations, Operations
Would you recommend OnDeck to other women?
"OnDeck is really making strides in becoming a woman-friendly place to work. With programs like Women at OnDeck and a revised maternity leave policy coming out soon, the company is really striving to make women in Tech have a true place to grow a career and be able to have the work/life flexibility so many of us are seeking today."
Would you recommend OnDeck to other women?
"This is a company that really cares about culture and its team members. There is an incredible amount of thought put into culture, communication and fairness. The company has been growing, and has been expanding its benefits as it grows. Lots of opportunity for promotions and grown, and women in senior leadership positions."
Would you recommend OnDeck to other women?
"I've worked at OnDeck for about 2 1/2 years and have been blown away by the experience. I work very hard and am rewarded with significant scope of ownership and learning opportunities - just what I most value. While women are definitely a minority in the company (I think we're just under 70/30 men/women currently), women maintain that distribution through senior management levels. I've been encouraged, critiqued and coached by male and female mentors and I am looking forward to taking my career to the next level with their support. I'm now pregnant with my first child and the company has been very supportive through the process - mostly looking to me to let them know what I need to make it work and seeming to be universally happy for me."
Would you recommend OnDeck to other women?
"OnDeck not only values its women, but all diverse employees. The work schedule is flexible, allowing for mothers to be available for their families as much as they need to. Personally, OnDeck has propelled my career and my managers have all been supportive of my career growth, while still being mindful of personal obligations. After less than a year at OnDeck I have already been promoted and given the opportunity to work with a team that I am passionate about. I could not give more praise to OnDeck!"
Would you recommend OnDeck to other women?
"I've worked here for just over a year and have very much enjoyed the open and collaborative culture. The company is still in its formative stages with a relatively young employee base, so there are certainly some growing pains that we are all trying to manage through, particularly in terms of consistent execution as well as compensation and benefits packages that nurture a longer-term career commitment. The senior executive team at OnDeck is relatively well-balanced with women, however that strength has not yet had a noticeable impact on the issues most directly affecting female employees (like internal support/networking opportunities, maternity leave, child care, stronger healthcare coverage). All else said, this is an environment where the individual can strive and thrive, particularly if they are resourceful and a "go-getter" with outside networking opportunities."
N/A, Finance