OnDeck is really making strides in becoming a woman-friendly place to work. With programs like Women at OnDeck and a revised maternity leave policy coming out soon, the company is really striving to make women in Tech have a true place to grow a career and be able to have the work/life flexibility so many of us are seeking today.

This is a company that really cares about culture and its team members. There is an incredible amount of thought put into culture, communication and fairness. The company has been growing, and has been expanding its benefits as it grows. Lots of opportunity for promotions and grown, and women in senior leadership positions.

I've worked at OnDeck for about 2 1/2 years and have been blown away by the experience. I work very hard and am rewarded with significant scope of ownership and learning opportunities - just what I most value. While women are definitely a minority in the company (I think we're just under 70/30 men/women currently), women maintain that distribution through senior management levels. I've been encouraged, critiqued and coached by male and female mentors and I am looking forward to taking my career to the next level with their support. I'm now pregnant with my first child and the company has been very supportive through the process - mostly looking to me to let them know what I need to make it work and seeming to be universally happy for me.

OnDeck not only values its women, but all diverse employees. The work schedule is flexible, allowing for mothers to be available for their families as much as they need to. Personally, OnDeck has propelled my career and my managers have all been supportive of my career growth, while still being mindful of personal obligations. After less than a year at OnDeck I have already been promoted and given the opportunity to work with a team that I am passionate about. I could not give more praise to OnDeck!

Finance

I've worked here for just over a year and have very much enjoyed the open and collaborative culture. The company is still in its formative stages with a relatively young employee base, so there are certainly some growing pains that we are all trying to manage through, particularly in terms of consistent execution as well as compensation and benefits packages that nurture a longer-term career commitment. The senior executive team at OnDeck is relatively well-balanced with women, however that strength has not yet had a noticeable impact on the issues most directly affecting female employees (like internal support/networking opportunities, maternity leave, child care, stronger healthcare coverage). All else said, this is an environment where the individual can strive and thrive, particularly if they are resourceful and a "go-getter" with outside networking opportunities.