workhours

This company allows telecommunication and flexible hours, you work when you are ready,as long as you get the job done. With all of that flexibility, if you have young kids, you have the time to take them to daycare, have the time to prepare quick meal before heading to work, or save yourself a trip to the office in the rush hours. Also, they support nursing mothers with either Sanity or Mother's room for your pumping need while you are away from your little ones. To me, the environment of this company is so nice. I really wish I could be a permanent employee with them.

Managing Director

I've worked at PwC for over 20 years and have 2 teenage children. When they were younger, I was on a flexible arrangement where I worked 4 days a week- in the office 3 days, from home 1. Great programs and the firm offers a ton of flexibility. In order to make partner, you have to be willing to relocate and work even more than is typical. Being unwilling to move or taking advantages of the flexible arrangements may hinder you from becoming a partner.

Maybe. Lots of hours, but flexibility is good.

It is flexible for internal staff if you have child care issues. Doctor appointment for both parent and child fall under sick time. Unlimited sick time (unless you abuse it - then you need doctor's note). Great vacation plan.

I've been here 7 years and had two kids with generous maternity leave (2 weeks before, 6-8 weeks disability leave and six weeks parental leave, separate from vacation time). However, man I am tired! The regular client facing routine is exhausting with kids and I feel like my day and the work never ends. I had a good reputation as a high performer before I had my first kid, as a manager, I have enough flexibility that I can make daycare and a long commute still work for me. As an associate or senior associate it was harder to have flexibility and harder to give to this level because the work has to be done by someone.