Sidley Austin LLP http://www.sidley.com/

Want to be alerted when there are new data and reviews about Sidley Austin LLP?

The culture is 9 to 5 for the most part, but there can be a certain level of stress/pressure involved in working with lawyers.

The maternity benefits are good, but not great, and are better for lawyers than staff.

The benefits are about average for non-lawyer employees

The overall workplace culture can be stressful
Lady candyappleton Marketing

I enjoyed my time at this company working amongst lawyers inevitably makes you feel a lot more motivated. However, your attire definitely will make you stick out like a sore thumb if you don't dress business suit or pencil skirt and blouse. However, good work atmosphere.

Lady Lawyer4 Associate

It's probably somewhat less hours focused than other big law firms and has a less cut throat environment than some others. Both of which are helpful to women with families. But it is still a big law firm and, in fact, is moving away from it's more gentle approach. However, it may still be a better place for women than its peer firms.

Lady AssociateJD Associate

Generally women are treated fairly, but we have to compete against young single men with nothing to do but put endless hours into this job.

It's right for the right women, but requires a lot of self promotion (or luck) to do well and get the kind of work you want (unless you clerked for the Supreme Court).
Lady Who Lunches Business Development Coordinator, Marketing

Disorganization is rampant, but the benefits are amazing. My work life balance isn't great as an hourly support staff, but here is what is awesome: * 5 weeks paid time off for all staff (and you accrue more as your tenure increases) * great health insurance - PPO in Illinois covers 90% of our IVF treatments The actual work is tough because while the lawyers will support your department with money, the leadership is a bit lacking and so things are very disjointed. I couldn't recommend this firm right now because I lose a lot of sleep from unnecessary work stress, but I do hope it could improve. For now I'm sticking around to try to have a baby. I hope to one day know what the maternity coverage is like (I have heard for hourly staff it's 2 months paid plus whatever PTO you want to tack onto the end--not too shabby--but I cannot confirm). Bonuses are low and so are raises (got under 3% last year after multiple lawyers reached out to the CMO to commend my work). Only been here a year, so not sure about how fast or slow they are to promote.

There are great benefits here, it's what is currently keeping me, but the department is incredibly unorganized.
Lady MLT Associate, Litigation

If you want to work a reduced hours schedule, that is available to you when you return from maternity leave, and most mothers take advantage. It is also common to take more than 18 weeks, but the rest of the leave is unpaid.

Women Review Sidley Austin LLP for Culture, Pay and Gender Equality | Fairygodboss

Free, anonymous reviews of Sidley Austin LLP by female employees, including pay, hours, maternity leave, flextime, and company culture

3.1 stars, based on 7 reviews Company Website anon1832 Lady candyappleton Lady Lawyer4 Lady AssociateJD Lady Who Lunches Lady MLT