Staples, Inc. http://www.staples.com/

Want to be alerted when there are new data and reviews about Staples, Inc.?
Lady Dolphin

very unfair company. Back stabbing. Unfair scheduling for management.

Lady sabruser

I've worked here for 2 years and there are women in almost all of the departments but there should be more in each.

Lady EZButton

Overall, I like the company. But, it REALLY depends on the group that you are hired into. Treatment across departments is not the same. For example, even though the company has a telecommuting policy, a fair number of managers view it very negatively (even though they don't say it out loud - some have very old school views). There have been so many layoffs in the last few years too. Outsourcing/offshoring is extremely popular now which has resulted in more layoffs. Most managers do care about your work-life balance. The employees are a great group of people too. They seem to care about each other (there is even a fund to help fellow employees who are in need) - employees donate money from their paycheck to support other employees who have experienced a hard time financially (like natural disasters, cancer, house fires, etc). The benefits aren't the best. And they are behind the times on available vacation time (start out with 2 weeks, 3 weeks after 5 years, and 4 after 10 years.Then I don't think you don't get another week until 25 years). Overall, I believe it is a good company. Prior to all of the layoffs, I used to be a lot more proud of working there. But, I still think it is a good company.

Lady fletch

This is a great company. I have a back problem and they are willing to work with me as I try and figure out ways to try and either get rid of the pain or try to work through it. If I have had lady problems they are fully understandable about things like that. I had left Staples once before. I had moved and when I started at my new Staples, this family is a millions times better than my old Staples family.

Lady ccnah

There are a lot of women working at Staples, and many in management positions. However, past that there are virtually no women in upper management. One would think that with the number of female managers, there would certainly be a few Directors or beyond. Staples does make a point of supporting women owned businesses by selling their product lines.

Women are successful at this company, but just never seem to be able to get past a certain management level.
Lady Circie

Unfortunately, men and women are treated equally badly here. Schedules are put out late, managers are not supportive, and downright mean sometimes. Much work and not much encouragement.

Flexible hours, lousy pay and managers
Lady Eek Cashier

Staples is a terrible place to work for (at least in my opinion.) Certain associates got treated differently than others, but in general everyone gets treated like crap. Managers are always bugging you about digital recites, square trade, and other things that don't really matter. Associates would come in late or not show up at all, sometimes forcing you to stay late (even if you have classes, I was going to college at the time). etc.

Lady susan

Women Review Staples, Inc. for Culture, Pay and Gender Equality | Fairygodboss

Free, anonymous reviews of Staples, Inc. by female employees, including pay, hours, maternity leave, flextime, and company culture

2.9 stars, based on 18 reviews Company Website Lady Dolphin Lady sabruser Lady EZButton Lady fletch Lady ccnah Lady Circie Lady Eek Lady susan