Staples, Inc.

2.9

Lady teintnatural

Associate

I've been here around 4 years, two different stores. I've seen men and women in all departments, and all levels of management. My previous store manager was a woman, and she outshone both male managers I've had here. So good, in fact, that they transferred her to another store that was suffering so she could bring it up to level. Her replacement is abyssmal. He seems to favor the male underlings with regards to who he listens to, but those males also all work in a particular department that requires a lot more managerial support. So I think it's more to do with the position itself rather than the gender of the person in it. If the tech team was headed up by a woman I think she'd get the most managerial support.

Lady Golf Goddess

Manager

Marketing

Women had been in leadership roles for many years. Women however can be much harder to work with. So many agendas and mood swings. Must have the ability to adapt to many personalities.

Lady sowerbyj

Team Supervisor

I worked there for 6 years. Men and women were treated equally in my experience. It was the company asking for us to meet unrealistic expectations that made working there difficult. I should not have to sign my life away for a mere 8 dollars an hour. Horrible.

Lady Carykat

Operations Supervisor

I have worked at Staples for almost 5 years. They seem to have a lot of part time jobs that are in the lower paying jobs in the store such as cashier and copy center. Then as you move up into tech or management, not so much.

Maybe. It really depends on who the general manager is.

Lady Dolphin

very unfair company. Back stabbing. Unfair scheduling for management.

Lady sabruser

I've worked here for 2 years and there are women in almost all of the departments but there should be more in each.

Lady EZButton

Overall, I like the company. But, it REALLY depends on the group that you are hired into. Treatment across departments is not the same. For example, even though the company has a telecommuting policy, a fair number of managers view it very negatively (even though they don't say it out loud - some have very old school views). There have been so many layoffs in the last few years too. Outsourcing/offshoring is extremely popular now which has resulted in more layoffs. Most managers do care about your work-life balance. The employees are a great group of people too. They seem to care about each other (there is even a fund to help fellow employees who are in need) - employees donate money from their paycheck to support other employees who have experienced a hard time financially (like natural disasters, cancer, house fires, etc). The benefits aren't the best. And they are behind the times on available vacation time (start out with 2 weeks, 3 weeks after 5 years, and 4 after 10 years.Then I don't think you don't get another week until 25 years). Overall, I believe it is a good company. Prior to all of the layoffs, I used to be a lot more proud of working there. But, I still think it is a good company.

Lady fletch

This is a great company. I have a back problem and they are willing to work with me as I try and figure out ways to try and either get rid of the pain or try to work through it. If I have had lady problems they are fully understandable about things like that. I had left Staples once before. I had moved and when I started at my new Staples, this family is a millions times better than my old Staples family.

Lady ccnah

There are a lot of women working at Staples, and many in management positions. However, past that there are virtually no women in upper management. One would think that with the number of female managers, there would certainly be a few Directors or beyond. Staples does make a point of supporting women owned businesses by selling their product lines.

Maybe. Women are successful at this company, but just never seem to be able to get past a certain management level.

Lady Circie

Unfortunately, men and women are treated equally badly here. Schedules are put out late, managers are not supportive, and downright mean sometimes. Much work and not much encouragement.

Maybe. Flexible hours, lousy pay and managers