United Technologies www.utc.com/

Want to be alerted when there are new data and reviews about United Technologies?
Lady Among boys Senior Analyst, IT

I have worked here for several years, the CIO is a female but most other managers are male and I am constantly told that I was hired because I was a female so my team would look good to the CIO. It makes me feel like I have no value other than my gender and I am frequently passed over for training and good projects. I will say that sexual harassment is absolutely not tolerated, but these more subtle forms of discrimination seem to be ingrained. A female exec recently had her 3rd child and the men in my group talked non-stop about what a waste she was in that position because she was too busy popping out babies to do her job. I am trying to get on a new team working for a female boss in the hopes this will improve my work environment because I do think this is a good company with many opportunities but I am just in the wrong spot.

Depends on your department/supervisor. I would not reccomend IT for women.
Lady Among boys Senior Analyst

I have worked here for 3 years, first on a team where I was the only female and now on a team of all females. When I was the only female on my team I was constantly told that I only got my position *because* I was female and the team needed to diversify...it didn't feel great. Now I work on an all female team and it is very different. We are all given ample opportunity to succeed and progress, and also the opportunity to arrange our schedules around our family life. The company is overall a good company, but like any place else your manager and your team make a huge difference.

Depends on the department
Lady anon601 Operations

Long hours, frequent layoffs, culture really varies by operating site.

frequent layoffs but you gain good resume experience
Lady Australia

Good

Women Review United Technologies for Culture, Pay and Gender Equality | Fairygodboss

Free, anonymous reviews of United Technologies by female employees, including pay, hours, maternity leave, flextime, and company culture

3.8 stars, based on 4 reviews Company Website Lady Among boys Lady Among boys Lady anon601 Lady Australia