University of Minnesota https://twin-cities.umn.edu

Want to be alerted when there are new data and reviews about University of Minnesota?
Niqnaqpaddiwaq

This is a great place to work if you're not single-income dependent and planning to have children, or if you can get hired into P&A level jobs or above. It is really not so great for Civil Service, with only 2 weeks maternity leave, having to use all your PTO and Sick leave before you qualify for Short Term Disability, so by the time you return to work you have zero hours of time off if the baby is sick and you have to pick them up from daycare. They do offer equal paternity leave, which is nice.

I'd love to take maternity leave, but unfortunately with only 2 weeks, I would have to pay for daycare for a newborn and on my salary, I cannot afford it.
For anyone P&A class or above, the benefits are great. For Civil Service or Union, the benefits are terrible. Civil Service only gets 2 weeks maternity leave, P&A get six.
Lady Folwell

I've worked here almost 10 years and many middle management and administrative positions are held by women, and maternity leave policies are actually very good, but upper level decision-making is probably more male dominated than most people realize. It is hard to navigate being the independent visionary that is expected in academia with being the collaborative, good listener that makes life easier as a woman.

science is still male

Women Review University of Minnesota for Culture, Pay and Gender Equality | Fairygodboss

Free, anonymous reviews of University of Minnesota by female employees, including pay, hours, maternity leave, flextime, and company culture

3 stars, based on 2 reviews Company Website Niqnaqpaddiwaq Lady Folwell