"While upper management is male-dominated, it seems like more and more women in the company are climbing the ranks. There does seem to be a lack of women working in tech, with the majority in sales and HR, though. Overall, Yelp gets a B+."
Would you recommend Yelp to other women?
"Male-dominated management but they are committed to diversity."
"It's pretty supportive"
Would you recommend Yelp to other women?
"there are opportunities for women to advance just as there are for men. The sales environment is amongst the more evenly gender distributed that I've seen, though still leans 60/40 men to women."
Account Executive, Sales
Would you recommend Yelp to other women?
"no gender issues, but ask yourself if you really want to make 80 calls a day"
"This company is great for both men and women but women will have an inherent struggle as we tend to up speak and our natural tone is less aggressive so learning to control our voices and tone are key to being successful. Numbers matter here. Once you start closing deals and people know your name, options come to you- man or woman. I believe there is equal treatment of the sexes here."
Would you recommend Yelp to other women?
"Micromanagement is an understatement. Metrics are all that matters in this cold calling position. The commission structure is poor and it is hard to make commission with the territories given to you, which have been worked through many times. The perks of the job seem nice until you understand the trade off for more time off, fully stocked kitchen, kegs, ping pong tables, 401k match (every company should have this by now its 2015) and health care are not worth the low salary paid to employees. I was paid more out of college at an entry level position in a less expensive city than at this position I am at now. According to Forbes, the national average for starting salaries of new college grads is more than what Yelp offers. No negotiating."
Account Executive, Sales
Would you recommend Yelp to other women?
"If you are college educated, you deserve a better salary in the cities the company is located in."