MetLife Maternity and Paternity Leave Policies
MetLife offers 10 weeks of paid maternity leave, 26 weeks of unpaid maternity leave and 2 weeks of paid paternity leave. This information is based on anonymous tips submitted by employees.
Insurance: Life Maternity and Paternity Leave
How many weeks of paid maternity, unpaid maternity, paid paternity and unpaid paternity leave do employers in the Insurance: Life industry offer?
Maternity Leaves Taken at MetLife
- Lady yogi 2 weeks paid 12 weeks unpaid
- Madam Sparrow 2 weeks paid 10 weeks unpaid
MetLife Maternity Leave Comments
- "I've worked here for several years and there are a lot of women working here, but mostly in the lower/middle manager levels. Generally I believe they are treated fairly but management is male-dominated and not diverse, which makes it tougher for women to "network" with them. Mid-level women don't seem to advance because of these subtle issues. Maternity leave was recently upped from 2 weeks to 12 weeks, and many women take longer 'unpaid' leave. However, I think women suffer career setbacks for being out on leave. I think the culture is changing positively, and it helps that there are a few supportive women finally reaching higher ranks." - Lady yogi
- "Great maternity and paternity leave. Not very flexible on work arrangements. Pay is just below the market." - anon3487
- "Part-time jobs were offered in the past." - Anonymous
- "Telecommuting jobs were offered in the past." - Anonymous
- "MetLife emphasizes teamwork and excellent customer service in its employees and has offered both full-time and part-time jobs in the past, including telecommuting opportunities." - Anonymous