To ask questions to ensure you find the right manager to work for and ensure they will be your advocate. For example, are there other women on the team? what are their roles compared to others on the team? when have they been promoted?

Paid parental leave only kicks in if you've been with the company for 1 year (this is more than for tuition reimbursement). For men, they have 6 months after the birth to take the parental leave (so they can wait until they are eligible/with the company for a year), for women it must be immediately following STD.
Madam Sparrow Consultant

Lots of flexibility, but very little chance for real advancement unless you are a white male.

Work at home options are plentiful, but unless you are near. Large office hub, you will be overlooked for advancement and undertrained to do your job. You will have to figure everything out on your own, and the white guys will get promoted to the AVP and above positions, even if they represent 5% of the team.
Lady yogi

I've worked here for several years and there are a lot of women working here, but mostly in the lower/middle manager levels. Generally I believe they are treated fairly but management is male-dominated and not diverse, which makes it tougher for women to "network" with them. Mid-level women don't seem to advance because of these subtle issues. Maternity leave was recently upped from 2 weeks to 12 weeks, and many women take longer 'unpaid' leave. However, I think women suffer career setbacks for being out on leave. I think the culture is changing positively, and it helps that there are a few supportive women finally reaching higher ranks.

Lady Snshyn

I've worked here for a year and women seem to be getting more and more opportunities but they also seem to take a long time to get there. There are definitely many more men executives in the company, but over the past year I have seen more women advance. It really depends on your manager if you want to grow and advance in your career here. I have a great boss who seems to help, but he may not always get executive backing.

Depends entirely on your manager

Women Review MetLife for Culture, Pay and Gender Equality | Fairygodboss

Free, anonymous reviews of MetLife by female employees, including pay, hours, maternity leave, flextime, and company culture

3.5 stars, based on 4 reviews Company Website Madam Sparrow Lady yogi Lady Snshyn