50 Great Career Resources for Women
Photo credit:Creative Commons
There are many great resources online for women looking for community, support, education, events and other resources to advance their careers. The following 50 organizations have a lot to offer women in the workplace. Some are focused on women working in a particular industry, while others are focused on education, students or span across all industries.
- 100 Women in Hedge Funds is a global association of more than 10,000 professional women.
- Ada’s List is a global community for women in technology and around the internet to find support, community and advice, among other things.
- Birds on the Blog is a glossy online magazine for business women, written by business women.
- Bossed Up provides resources, expert training and community for women at work.
- Career Contessa is an online career development and mentorship platform.
- Catalyst is the leading nonprofit organization with a mission to accelerate progress for women through workplace inclusion.
- CEW is a global network of beauty professionals who create a forum for collaboration, idea exchange and growth.
- ChickTech is a nonprofit that creates hands-on tech events to empower women to stay in tech and encourage girls to join the industry.
- Classy Career Girl has a mission to help 2,000 women launch their dream careers and businesses by 2018.
- Committee of 200 tries to foster, celebrate and advance women’s leadership in business.
- Corporette provides fashion, lifestyle and career advice for “overachieving chicks”.
- Daily Worth provides financial advice and resources to women looking to better manage their money.
- Dreamers Doers is a membership community of entrepreneurial women providing resources, education and networking opportunities.
- Ellevate Network is a network and community of professional women who meet at events, network digitally and support each other. Formerly known as 85 Broads.
- Emerging Women provides resources and community for women looking to help women lead, start and grow their own businesses in a way that integrates core feminine values.
- Financial Women’s Association is a nonprofit whose mission is to accelerate the leadership and success of women across the financial community in all industries by fostering alliances and offering educational programming and content.
- Girls Who Code offers free educational programs and after-school communities for teenage girls interested in learning how to code.
- Grace Institute is a nonprofit dedicated to providing tuition-free job training and placement services for economically disadvantaged women.
- HerAgenda is a digital media platform working to “bridge the gap between ambition and achievement for millennial women”.
- iRelaunch is an advocate for professionals returning to the workplace after a career break providing content and education since 2007.
- I Want Her Job is an online community of women featuring career conversations for independent-thinking women.
- LadyBoss is a platform for professional growth, for women in creative industries.
- LeanIn is a nonprofit that supports women through community, education and circles of small groups that meet monthly.
- Momentum is a non-profit providing leadership, education and advocacy to support mothers in meeting today’s personal and professional challenges.
- Monarq has a mission to empower more females to start, fund and grow successful startup businesses.
- Ms. Career Girl aims to help ambitious young professional women find passion in their profession, or a profession out of their passions.
- Ms. JD is dedicated to the success of women in law, and provides resources for students as well as professionals.
- National Association of Women Lawyers has a mission to provide leadership and resources to advance women in the legal profession.
- Network of Executive Women is a learning and leadership community offering learning, events, best practices and reseach and leadership development programs to advance women.
- Penelope Trunk offers career and life advice on her blog which also features online coaching and courses.
- Pink Petro is a global membership community of women working in the energy industry.
- She Owns It celebrates, connects and supports women entrepreneurs.
- Show Me 50 is a nonprofit whose mission is to achieve 50% women in senior leadership in corporate America.
- Take the Lead Women is a nonprofit whose ambition is gender parity in leadership.
- The Boardlist is a platform for business leaders to connect with prospective women for director positions within tech companies.
- The Boss Network has a mission to promote and encourage the small business spirit and career development of women through event-based and online networking.
- The Broadsheet is a daily newsletter by Fortune that provides news and current events information about women leaders and women in the workplace.
- The Everygirl is on online resource to help “shape the creative, career-driven woman to experience her life better lived.”
- The Forte Foundation is a nonprofit consortium of business schools and companies who are working together to launch women into fulfilling, significant careers.
- The Girls’ Lounge is a “go to” destination at industry conferences for women to connect, inspire and collaborate on changes they want to see in the workplace.
- The Li.st is a “membership and visibility platform for professional women.”
- Watermark is a nonprofit whose mission is to increase the number of women in leadership.
- WebGrrls is an international membership network whose mission is to empower women through technology and to encourage them to learn about and use technology to propel their businesses and careers.
- Women@Forbes provides regular career advice, information about workplace trends and inspirational stories of women to help “every woman take her next step forward.”
- Women 2.0 is a community of women working in technology, providing career and startup advice and content.
- Women in the Boardroom gives its members education and connections to help women achieve corporate director roles.
- Women of Influence produces events across the country. Their programs serve to “fill the gap for women looking for mentors and like-minded individuals.”
- Women Who Code is a global nonprofit whose mission is to help women engineers build the careers they want.
- Working Mother is a “mentor, role model and advocate for the country’s more than 17 million moms who are devoted to their families and committed to their careers.”
- WorkMuse helps businesses and individuals find work-life balance through job-sharing opportunities.
This is an evolving list that is in no way intended to be comprehensive. If you have any suggestions of career resources for women that we may have missed, please let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org and we'll do our best to add it.
Fairygodboss is committed to improving the workplace and lives of women.
Share us with women you respect!