We’ve ushered in yet another era of new office, hybrid and work-from-home plans, and many employers are hoping this time, this is the plan that sticks. Workers are having mixed feelings about returning to the office or staying home for good.
Here are some tweets, TikToks and Instagram posts that show how people really feel — whether they’re committed to the remote life or ready to dive back into a “normal” office life (whatever that means now).
1. The company that didn’t really understand what “welcoming” people back to the office meant…
Source: @audrawilliams via Twitter
(The complaints were so bad, the company ended up removing the signage.)
2. The self-aware office-lover.
Source: @phenomenal via Instagram
3. The one that called out some members of management.
Source: @DanPriceSeattle via Twitter
4. The coworker who just…doesn’t want to go back to the office.
Source: @loewhaley via TikTok
5. Welcoming “Bill” back to the office.
Source: @BrentTerhune via Twitter
6. The famous quarantine TikToker who will lose a fundamental part of his brand.
Source: @washingtonpost via TikTok
7. Because the commute can be half the battle.
Source: @karenkho via Twitter
8. Because whatever happens, we’re not going back to “normal.”
This article reflects the views of the author and not necessarily those of Fairygodboss.
Zoe Kaplan is a Staff Writer & Content Strategist at Fairygodboss.
How do you feel about going into the office vs. working from home in 2022? Share your answer in the comments to help other Fairygodboss members!