Employee reviews at Amazon
default img
Tell us more for better jobs, advice
and connections
your interests
Your feed isn’t personalized yet. Follow topics like career advice, lifestyle or health.
companies you follow
companiesBoxImage
Get alerted when there are new employee reviews.
YOUR JOB ALERTS
Get notified when new jobs are posted.
"I worked at Amazon only as an intern. Interesting projects to work on, but not a very friendly culture for women."

Want to

"Amazon is largely male-dominated, and so at times, it can definitely feel isolating being one of the few women in the office (only 12% are women in my organization). Also, from my experience, team events can often gear towards male interests, and I feel that the upper management does not see supporting diversity in tech as a priority. There has been many times when a letter to the upper management regarding better environment for women employees goes unheard. As well, (unsurprisingly) it is not uncommon to see unconscious bias in the office and insensitive comments coming from male coworkers. The good thing is, there is a very large and supportive community for women in engineering, where such topics are discussed. Employees also have the chance to attend many events, like the Grace Hopper Conference. It is just that, oftentimes, it can feel like mostly everyone who cares are women. And so we don't see improvements to the workplace as quickly as other companies."

Want to

"make sure you find a good manager"
Senior Manager, Fulfillment

Want to

"I've loved my job, but I see how hard it can be working at Amazon as a woman and as a regular person with kids. Boundaries are important, but Amazon likes to recruit people who want to be successful more then they want to have good boundaries, so it can really drain people."
8 Weeks Paid | 4 Weeks Unpaid

Want to

"Being a technology company, employees and managers are naturally men-heavy. Given how smart the employees are, it's surprising there isn't more structural support for (new) moms. For starters, they need to catch up on giving more generous maternity (and paternity) leave. They should also take tips from moms and turn them into standard expectations/ policies: returning/ starting with part-time work after maternity leave, having a new mom mentor, etc."
8 Weeks Paid | 12 Weeks Unpaid