"Hard work with few benefits. Great for the childless or people who can do the hours- there's no explicit boys club. But work/life balance is hard and could hold you back. Maternity benefits very poor for industry (no paternity leave at all). No daycare benefits, 1 year wait lists."
Sr Marketing Manager, N/A
Would you recommend Amazon to other women?
"Meritocracy, but the maternity benefits are very poor for the industry. Very difficult to just work 40-45 hrs/week"
"I think women get a fair shake with this company, I have seen many women rise through the ranks into management positions."
Non Inventory Receiver, Procurement
Would you recommend Amazon to other women?
"I would recommend it to young women, but i think there is an age barrier"
"You work very hard. Work is very rewarding. Very male dominated and not comfortable with different leadership styles."
"...."
Would you recommend Amazon to other women?
"I see women at Amazon from front desk associates to Senior VPs (although there are far more men in high ranking roles than women over all, at least half of the senior leaders I support are women). Amazon is making leaps and bounds to increase diversity, especially in terms of adding female leaders to the tech work place. There are multiple teams dedicated to the recruitment of female employees and Amazon has set its goals high in terms of diverse hiring goals for the next few years. My work life balance has been wonderful so far (about 8 hours a day MAX) and I am constantly reading and partaking in in-depth discussions on the quality of life for women here in our Women @ Amazon affinity group and how to grow and improve. Amazon has even incorporated bias training into their interviewing practices so that every Hiring Manager and Interviewer considers subconscious biases they may have coming into the interview (an example would be women coming across as "abrasive" in an interview where as a man would come across as showing backbone) I would highly recommend the company to anyone, regardless of gender and feel women have the just as much opportunity for professional growth as men."
Technical Recruiter, Consumer Engagement
Would you recommend Amazon to other women?
"May not have the best work/life balance if trying to raise a family. Depends on your role."
Recruiter, TA