Lady Phoebe

I have always been an assertive woman. I am independent and, as a single mom, don't beat around the bush. I was told that I "had a tone" during my reviews. I was told to be more respectful of the senior members of the team. I was one of the only women in my department and between the push-up contests and "beer friday" I never felt at home there. They finally added more women to the team, but they were not allies. It was everyone for themselves there. I wouldn't work there again if you paid me a million dollars.

Lady Adventure

Software Development Engineer

I worked here for over 4 years and had good and bad experience. I think the way that promotions are done (you have to initiate your own promotion), the fact that reviews are stack ranked and the overall culture of aggressiveness was a deterrent to my success and enjoyment. It is heavily male dominated; I think only about 10% of the tech side is women. However, I know that there are efforts in place to change the way promotions are done, to create a training course on how to be an ally, to improve the way reviews are handled so to avoid unconscious bias. When I worked there, I felt like there were people that cared but upper management wasn't bought into making changes but it sounds like maybe they are now.

• Recent Bonus (USD)

I had a great experience for my first two years; I learned so much and could now go to any tech company and be successful. However, when I started moving up the ladder (or trying to) and taking on more responsibility, I became very frustrated. I didn't have the support I needed to grow, the atmosphere is very aggressive and the overall culture (including the "leadership principles") does seem to favor men.

Senior Vendor Manager

I've worked here for 2.5 years, and you need to pick your team selectively. I previously worked on an all-male team and feel I was treated differently. However, I rotated to a new team with mostly female leadership and now have a completely different experience. Since the company has grown quickly, the experience truly depends on your immediate team and does vary widely.

Madam anon257

Sr. Program Manager

I've worked here for 9 years - left twice and returned. I appreciate being part of a company that innovates & is on the leading edge in so many areas. The work is scrappy and is endless - which is why its important to set boundaries & stick to them. There are many ways you can make an impact & take on special projects, but it can be difficult to prioritize with daily/weekly demands. I enjoyed being surrounded by smart people that take ownership. Flat leadership structure means lots of lateral moves, and not many upward promotions - which is something that takes getting used to.

• Recent Bonus (USD)

depends on the team and leadership

Lady Babs

The company in general has more men than women, however, I do believe women are treated fairly, at least from my experience so far.

Product management

This is a very driver driver company. You have to be focused and aggressive and speak up.

• Recent Bonus (USD)

Depends on your boss and department

Lady Princess T

There are no woman in the upper echelons of management. There is a lack of overall diversity of thought. Only very aggressive Type A personalities are valued.

• Recent Bonus (USD)

If you like a Darwinian environment.

Lady sumgal1776

Manager

Tax

I have worked here 3 years and although there are many women who work here, most behave as they are still in high school or never were part of sorority. They find validation of self worth by being catty rather than supporting other women.

Lady Khaleesi

X

X

flexible schedule but long hours

anon258 Girl

None

Pick

I m worked here 9 month and there are a lot of woman working here, but the rules and the ambient is no god. All my parent leave before to 6 months it is too much. You have to work 10 hours for day o night don't matter your cant not take your cell phone with your the cell phone leave in the car so is something happen in home your don't know nothing. We have two brakes about 15 minutes and 30 minutes lunch some monhts like july and December your cant not take vacations and you have to work 55 hours it is 11 hours for day 5 days a weeks. Is too much and I m tired but I need work :(

Women Review Amazon for Culture, Pay and Gender Equality | Fairygodboss

Free, anonymous reviews of Amazon by female employees, including pay, hours, maternity leave, flextime, and company culture

stars, based on 104 reviews Company Website Lady Phoebe Lady Adventure Lady anon256 Madam anon257 Lady Babs Lady anon257 Lady Princess T Lady sumgal1776 Lady Khaleesi anon258 Girl