3.1

Lady Of Light

I have worked here for almost 3 years and there are a lot of women here. The women that are the highest level are over HR and Learning. Normal "female" roles. Since I work in the Facilities department, it has been somewhat difficult being a woman. Just yesterday one of the techs made a disparaging remark about what I could possibly know about a subject that is dear to me. It is nice that we have a room available for nursing mothers, and the leave offered is great. However, moving up does not seem to be offered very easily to women. In fact, I have been more relegated to a typical "female" role since I have been physically relocated to the locale of the male "leaders" of the FC. Will you go fetch lunch, and is there fresh coffee. wow...

Lady Goddess

Recruiting Manager

This is a totally data driven business, mostly men in charge, you MUST be a strong woman with a confident personality to do well here. You adhere to the leadership tenants, reach beyond your role, network like crazy, and find mentors. It is possible to move up quickly here, especially if you are hired right out of school.

• Recent Bonus (USD)

I would forewarn of what they are going to experience. It's like drinking from a firehose.

Madam Nefarious

Program Manager

Seller Technologies

Some groups are extremely male-dominated, but the experience of actually working with them can vary tremendously. Other than me, my last group consisted of 11 men and 1 woman (who was hired into an entry-level position). Every new hire was a white, straight, man between 28-35...exactly like the director. Very disappointing. My group now is the same gender mix, but very different vibe. Everyone has a voice and the dialogue is very open.

• Recent Bonus (USD)

It varies across groups. My first group was 90% and very much a good-old boys club. I was talked over and had my ideas presented by male leadership as their own. The final straw was a new manager asking me to write his international launch strategy for him. No thanks. I moved to another group and it's a completely different vibe. The dismissive gender thing isn't there. Very refreshing change.

Lady Ariadne

Male dominated both day-to-day and on the leadership front, but they're making some effort for change. They could definitely do more, but it's a bit of a funnel problem with the industry as a whole. There are women support groups and some genuine diversity initiatives. I think more can be done for childcare and maternity for sure.

Lady mom0f3100914

Warehouse Associate

Pack, ICQA

I been with the company 3 years. I have anxiety and when i was on the brink of an attack i went down to amcare. When i got there i was sent back to my department because it wasnt work related and at this time i was pregnant. I had an attack and was sent home but all could've been avoided because i just needed to sit down and breathe. I was taking out of work in January and stayed out until april due to the company giving me the run around about my return. I had my child in May and didnt return until August not because of doctor request the company again gave me the run around about returning. If you use all you personal, vacation and upt and there is an emergency or you have to be out of work for any reason other then for yourself you are up for termination if a personal leave is not requested which is unpaid. You can have a sick child take them to the doctor and have a excuse present it will not be accepted as they dont accept doctor excuses of any kind.

anon256 Girl

Tier 1

Stow

im a single mother of a six yr old, yes amazon is 10 hrs but only 4 days, i get 3 days to be with my kid! They treat men and woman the same no matter your race and even offer us classes like nursing or cdl at no cost to us because they care about our future. As far as holidays go, your entering a business that sells Online... people like your family members want there items they ordered so people like us work holidays to get the product to them. This yr amazon gave us christmas off and delayed time so we could enjoy thanksgiving. They also give as plenty of pt,upt and vaca, it is our responsibility to use it wisely and we get it every other week and upt every 3 monthes cant beat that.

Lady Phoebe

I have always been an assertive woman. I am independent and, as a single mom, don't beat around the bush. I was told that I "had a tone" during my reviews. I was told to be more respectful of the senior members of the team. I was one of the only women in my department and between the push-up contests and "beer friday" I never felt at home there. They finally added more women to the team, but they were not allies. It was everyone for themselves there. I wouldn't work there again if you paid me a million dollars.

Lady Adventure

Software Development Engineer

I worked here for over 4 years and had good and bad experience. I think the way that promotions are done (you have to initiate your own promotion), the fact that reviews are stack ranked and the overall culture of aggressiveness was a deterrent to my success and enjoyment. It is heavily male dominated; I think only about 10% of the tech side is women. However, I know that there are efforts in place to change the way promotions are done, to create a training course on how to be an ally, to improve the way reviews are handled so to avoid unconscious bias. When I worked there, I felt like there were people that cared but upper management wasn't bought into making changes but it sounds like maybe they are now.

• Recent Bonus (USD)

I had a great experience for my first two years; I learned so much and could now go to any tech company and be successful. However, when I started moving up the ladder (or trying to) and taking on more responsibility, I became very frustrated. I didn't have the support I needed to grow, the atmosphere is very aggressive and the overall culture (including the "leadership principles") does seem to favor men.

Senior Vendor Manager

I've worked here for 2.5 years, and you need to pick your team selectively. I previously worked on an all-male team and feel I was treated differently. However, I rotated to a new team with mostly female leadership and now have a completely different experience. Since the company has grown quickly, the experience truly depends on your immediate team and does vary widely.

Madam anon257

Sr. Program Manager

I've worked here for 9 years - left twice and returned. I appreciate being part of a company that innovates & is on the leading edge in so many areas. The work is scrappy and is endless - which is why its important to set boundaries & stick to them. There are many ways you can make an impact & take on special projects, but it can be difficult to prioritize with daily/weekly demands. I enjoyed being surrounded by smart people that take ownership. Flat leadership structure means lots of lateral moves, and not many upward promotions - which is something that takes getting used to.

• Recent Bonus (USD)

depends on the team and leadership