Lady Espana

Process Assistant

Pack

I have worked for Amazon for over 3 years, and it took me those 3 years to get a promotion. It is no different then men, my position (Process Assistant) and the associates get treated equally gender wise. There are definitely more male managers than female managers, no doubt. From my experience all races, genders, etc are treated equally.

Lady Amalthea

I worked here for 5 years. The pre-kids years were ok because I could work long hours, moved around and got good opportunities/experience, and I felt like I was learning. Once I had kids my priorities shifted, I set boundaries and decided not to put in long hours anymore. Even though I was working more efficiently and getting the same amount of work done, I think this caused my career to stagnate. I was viewed as someone who was not on a promotion path, and was not challenged/learning anymore. Management is male-dominated (Jeff Bezos has zero female direct reports) and maternity leave is bare minimum required by law. Turnover is high, particularly among women, especially women having kids.

• Recent Bonus (USD)

Only if the woman does not want kids, or does not aspire to promotion.

Lady R88

I transferred from a department that was highly male-dominated and did okay there. Since I was one of the old-timers there, I was well respected and no one would unreasonably question any input I provided. It really is a mixed bag here at Amazon. Sometimes you are lucky to join a fantastic team with stellar management. Other times, you are expected to grind away for 16 hours a day on projects and other work with no acknowledgement for your hard work. Something isn't right with the overall model though if there is such high turnover and you're considered and old-timer if you last over a year (I've been here longer than that though). I wouldn't recommend this company as much to moms who really want to concentrate on their families unless you are hired under a director who has young children as well and can relate.

Madam WA_CPA

Finance Manager

It really depends on your department and your boss. I've moved a couple times, and am happy now, but it takes a while to find the right fit.

Lady ginger

UX Designer

Kindle Content Design

In the

Lady Hild

I've been here for over 3 years, and in most parts of the company, it is an old boys' club. Women in tech roles struggle to be heard or seen. That said, if you find an org that has women in senior leadership, it is a lot more balanced. Bring your thick skin.

Lady SeattleReign

Like any other company, it has its warts. But there is plenty of opportunity too. It has the reputation of being a sweatshop, but that is sometimes self-imposed. People who set boundaries early seem to be able to stick to them.

Lady sde

Focus on the leadership principles and building those skills, especially Disagree and Commit/Have Backbone

Lady Redhead

Manager

I have worked here for almost 2 years. I have worked for two managers, both male, but both very equitable to both genders. I have 3 kids (the youngest is now 5) and have always had the flexibility to take care of the kids if they are sick, or even leave work for school events. In addition, my team and my organization have clear and well-defined initiatives to make sure we have better gender equality. (despite the fact that in technology the bias is usually male.) I realize that Amazon is a very large company, but there really are great managers, organizations and divisions to work for there. I put my children & family first, but have never had to choose while working at Amazon. The culture is changing there and I wish more people would give it a chance.

Lady I

I've worked here for 3 years and there are a lot of women working here, but predominantly in support roles. Generally I believe they are treated fairly but management is male-dominated and not diverse, which makes it tougher for women to "network" with them. Mid-level women don't seem to advance because of these subtle issues. Also, while maternity leave is generous here I think women are judged harshly by some colleagues and managers for taking the full time.

• Recent Bonus (USD)

If you got on a team with a good manager then that makes all the difference.

Women Review Amazon for Culture, Pay and Gender Equality | Fairygodboss

Free, anonymous reviews of Amazon by female employees, including pay, hours, maternity leave, flextime, and company culture

stars, based on 104 reviews Company Website Lady Espana Lady Amalthea Lady R88 Madam WA_CPA Lady ginger Lady Hild Lady SeattleReign Lady sde Lady Redhead Lady I