• Top rated company 2016
3.1

Lady sumgal1776

Manager

Tax

I have worked here 3 years and although there are many women who work here, most behave as they are still in high school or never were part of sorority. They find validation of self worth by being catty rather than supporting other women.

Lady Khaleesi

X

X

flexible schedule but long hours

anon258 Girl

None

Pick

I m worked here 9 month and there are a lot of woman working here, but the rules and the ambient is no god. All my parent leave before to 6 months it is too much. You have to work 10 hours for day o night don't matter your cant not take your cell phone with your the cell phone leave in the car so is something happen in home your don't know nothing. We have two brakes about 15 minutes and 30 minutes lunch some monhts like july and December your cant not take vacations and you have to work 55 hours it is 11 hours for day 5 days a weeks. Is too much and I m tired but I need work :(

Lady Espana

Process Assistant

Pack

I have worked for Amazon for over 3 years, and it took me those 3 years to get a promotion. It is no different then men, my position (Process Assistant) and the associates get treated equally gender wise. There are definitely more male managers than female managers, no doubt. From my experience all races, genders, etc are treated equally.

Lady Amalthea

I worked here for 5 years. The pre-kids years were ok because I could work long hours, moved around and got good opportunities/experience, and I felt like I was learning. Once I had kids my priorities shifted, I set boundaries and decided not to put in long hours anymore. Even though I was working more efficiently and getting the same amount of work done, I think this caused my career to stagnate. I was viewed as someone who was not on a promotion path, and was not challenged/learning anymore. Management is male-dominated (Jeff Bezos has zero female direct reports) and maternity leave is bare minimum required by law. Turnover is high, particularly among women, especially women having kids.

Maybe. Only if the woman does not want kids, or does not aspire to promotion.

Lady R88

I transferred from a department that was highly male-dominated and did okay there. Since I was one of the old-timers there, I was well respected and no one would unreasonably question any input I provided. It really is a mixed bag here at Amazon. Sometimes you are lucky to join a fantastic team with stellar management. Other times, you are expected to grind away for 16 hours a day on projects and other work with no acknowledgement for your hard work. Something isn't right with the overall model though if there is such high turnover and you're considered and old-timer if you last over a year (I've been here longer than that though). I wouldn't recommend this company as much to moms who really want to concentrate on their families unless you are hired under a director who has young children as well and can relate.

Madam WA_CPA

Finance Manager

It really depends on your department and your boss. I've moved a couple times, and am happy now, but it takes a while to find the right fit.

Lady ginger

UX Designer

Kindle Content Design

In the

Lady Hild

I've been here for over 3 years, and in most parts of the company, it is an old boys' club. Women in tech roles struggle to be heard or seen. That said, if you find an org that has women in senior leadership, it is a lot more balanced. Bring your thick skin.

Lady SeattleReign

Like any other company, it has its warts. But there is plenty of opportunity too. It has the reputation of being a sweatshop, but that is sometimes self-imposed. People who set boundaries early seem to be able to stick to them.