3.1

Lady R88

I transferred from a department that was highly male-dominated and did okay there. Since I was one of the old-timers there, I was well respected and no one would unreasonably question any input I provided. It really is a mixed bag here at Amazon. Sometimes you are lucky to join a fantastic team with stellar management. Other times, you are expected to grind away for 16 hours a day on projects and other work with no acknowledgement for your hard work. Something isn't right with the overall model though if there is such high turnover and you're considered and old-timer if you last over a year (I've been here longer than that though). I wouldn't recommend this company as much to moms who really want to concentrate on their families unless you are hired under a director who has young children as well and can relate.

Madam WA_CPA

Finance Manager

It really depends on your department and your boss. I've moved a couple times, and am happy now, but it takes a while to find the right fit.

Lady ginger

UX Designer

Kindle Content Design

In the

Lady Hild

I've been here for over 3 years, and in most parts of the company, it is an old boys' club. Women in tech roles struggle to be heard or seen. That said, if you find an org that has women in senior leadership, it is a lot more balanced. Bring your thick skin.

Lady SeattleReign

Like any other company, it has its warts. But there is plenty of opportunity too. It has the reputation of being a sweatshop, but that is sometimes self-imposed. People who set boundaries early seem to be able to stick to them.

Lady sde

Focus on the leadership principles and building those skills, especially Disagree and Commit/Have Backbone

Lady Redhead

Manager

I have worked here for almost 2 years. I have worked for two managers, both male, but both very equitable to both genders. I have 3 kids (the youngest is now 5) and have always had the flexibility to take care of the kids if they are sick, or even leave work for school events. In addition, my team and my organization have clear and well-defined initiatives to make sure we have better gender equality. (despite the fact that in technology the bias is usually male.) I realize that Amazon is a very large company, but there really are great managers, organizations and divisions to work for there. I put my children & family first, but have never had to choose while working at Amazon. The culture is changing there and I wish more people would give it a chance.

Lady I

I've worked here for 3 years and there are a lot of women working here, but predominantly in support roles. Generally I believe they are treated fairly but management is male-dominated and not diverse, which makes it tougher for women to "network" with them. Mid-level women don't seem to advance because of these subtle issues. Also, while maternity leave is generous here I think women are judged harshly by some colleagues and managers for taking the full time.

Maybe. If you got on a team with a good manager then that makes all the difference.

Lady Damn1234

TPM

My personal experience has been bad. I have slogged and my bosses have recognized my dedication and ownership but they think all women are here to follow orders. Having an opinion and disagreeing puts you in a bad place .They are still in 18th century

Lady ronnie90

Mobile

I've worked here for 3 years and have gotten a lot of opportunity; however, there is very much a "bro" culture at Amazon and women have to jump through many more hurdles than men do to get promotions or noticed at work. Also, there is very much a "gotcha" culture where making someone look bad in front of others is encouraged and a sign of "intelligence".

Maybe. It really depends on the team. If you get a great team where sexism is not that prominent, you can learn a lot and meet a lot of really awesome people.