• Top rated company 2016
3.1

Lady sde

Focus on the leadership principles and building those skills, especially Disagree and Commit/Have Backbone

Lady Redhead

Manager

I have worked here for almost 2 years. I have worked for two managers, both male, but both very equitable to both genders. I have 3 kids (the youngest is now 5) and have always had the flexibility to take care of the kids if they are sick, or even leave work for school events. In addition, my team and my organization have clear and well-defined initiatives to make sure we have better gender equality. (despite the fact that in technology the bias is usually male.) I realize that Amazon is a very large company, but there really are great managers, organizations and divisions to work for there. I put my children & family first, but have never had to choose while working at Amazon. The culture is changing there and I wish more people would give it a chance.

Lady I

I've worked here for 3 years and there are a lot of women working here, but predominantly in support roles. Generally I believe they are treated fairly but management is male-dominated and not diverse, which makes it tougher for women to "network" with them. Mid-level women don't seem to advance because of these subtle issues. Also, while maternity leave is generous here I think women are judged harshly by some colleagues and managers for taking the full time.

Maybe. If you got on a team with a good manager then that makes all the difference.

Lady Damn1234

TPM

My personal experience has been bad. I have slogged and my bosses have recognized my dedication and ownership but they think all women are here to follow orders. Having an opinion and disagreeing puts you in a bad place .They are still in 18th century

Lady ronnie90

Mobile

I've worked here for 3 years and have gotten a lot of opportunity; however, there is very much a "bro" culture at Amazon and women have to jump through many more hurdles than men do to get promotions or noticed at work. Also, there is very much a "gotcha" culture where making someone look bad in front of others is encouraged and a sign of "intelligence".

Maybe. It really depends on the team. If you get a great team where sexism is not that prominent, you can learn a lot and meet a lot of really awesome people.

That you have to work twice as hard to get anywhere

Maybe. Have to be driven and want to work with men

Lady shadow

Ambassador

Singles

there are some woman who get treated the right way but i'm sure that is just so they have someone on their side in a law suit.if you were to walk in there and take a look all you would see is young people in high paying positions and they don't need experience they are mostly men.age discrimination is a very big issue here.

Maybe. if they are under the age of 30 and pretty

Lady Julie

I started here when my kids were in grade school. The flex time works well to be able to pick them up and do after school activities. I can also work from when I need to. My immediate team is about 1/2 women and I see people getting treated fairly. But I think it depends on your group and wouldn't say that is true for all of Amazon.

Maybe. It depends on the group.

Lady Ramayana

It is a "boys club" type of company. One woman has recently made it in the top management and this info made it in the news, though the news failed to mention she was the only woman, and the first to make it there. In most meetings, I am one of only two-three women out of 20 people in the room. All positions above my level are men only. You don't get above my level if you don't work 12 hours days constantly.

Lady sammygirl

There are far fewer women in the tech orgs than the non-tech (retail) orgs. You can do well, but it's hard to balance family and work when almost no one around you is a primary caregiver for children (and thus are able to work late at a moment's notice or over the weekend). You come across as inefficient if you don't do the same.